Virtual Reality gaming has been picking up pace. There are a lot of games for you to enjoy whether as a single-player or with your friends via the multiplayer game modes. Now, just like the Google Play Store on Android, the Meta Quest 2 also has its own apps store where you can download and install your favorite apps and games. But, what if you wanted to install and play games that are currently being tested and are in beta stages?
The Quest has App Labs and we are going to take a look at App Lab. If you don’t know what it is and how you can get access to the app lab, well this is the right guide for you. Let’s get started.
What is App Lab on Meta Quest 2?
App Labs is an app store that is present on the Oculus Quest. So what does it serve? Well, there are times when developers of various apps and games what to test out their apps. Well earlier for all of this to be done, the apps would be made available on Sidequest. Meaning you would have to sideload those apps to your Quest 2 with the help of the PC. Now, with App Labs made available, you don’t have to sideload the apps or require a PC to install these apps onto your Meta Quest 2.
While this seems like an easy solution to get apps that are currently in beta testing, it’s not that simple. First of all, you are not able to search for these apps and games directly via the Oculus Store. So to avoid these kinds of hurdles and problems, you can follow these steps to browse through the various apps present in App Labs and also purchase them and get the games installed on your Quest 2 VR headset.
How to get App Lab on Meta Quest 2
Now in order to begin this process you just require a good internet connection and your Quest 2 headset. You will have to wear the headset for these steps. Let’s get started.
- Power up the Oculus headset and wear it on your head.
- Open up the web browser that is present on your meta Quest 2 VR headset.
- Now, head over to the Oculus App Lab website. This website has been developed by the same team behind Sidequest. So yes, this website is safe for you to visit.
- Here, you will be able to see a ton of games under different categories namely best, new, trending, free, and games on sale.
- All you need to do is select the game that you want.
- This will now take you to the official Oculus App Store on your Quest 2 headset.
- You can now click on the get button to install it for free or pay the amount to purchase the game.
- Once that part has been done, the game will now be downloaded to your Quest 2 headset.
- On the home screen of your Quest 2, you will see the newly downloaded app. Select it to play the game right away.
This concludes the guide on how you can search for App lab games and eventually install them onto your meta Quest 2 headset. This is a simple and easy process that doesn’t require you to sideload any app and neither do you need to make use of the PC to get these apps.
If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.