The Oculus Quest 2 is a great VR headset from Meta. There are many games for you to play, whether single-player or multiplayer games. The Oculus Quest 2 is preferred by people because it can run as an independent system and doesn’t require your PC to connect to a computer to play most of the games with some exceptions. You can even connect the VR headset to your TV. If you are someone who wants to connect your Oculus Quest 2 to a TV without Chromecast, then you are at the right place.
There are some modern-day TVs that don’t support Chromecast, no matter, whether your smart TV supports it or you’re facing any issues. You can follow our guide on how to cast Oculus Quest 2 to TV without Chromecast and start streaming your favorite games to your TV.
Can I Cast Oculus Quest 2 to TV without Chromecast?
Yes, you can cast Oculus Quest 2 to your TV without Chromecast. There are a good number of ways that you can follow to connect your Oculus Quest 2 to your TV without using the Chromecast option. A lot of people prefer to not use the Chromecast option simply because there could there is a high chance of lags and delays while casting your Quest 2 to your TV.
So if you are looking for alternate ways, this is the guide for you.
How to Oculus Quest 2 to TV via PC – Method 1
For this method to work, your VR headset, Smart TV, and your mobile device should be connected to the same WiFi network. Make sure to use the same account that you’ve signed into on the VR headset. With all of the above done, follow these steps to get the Oculus Quest 2 to your TV via PC.
- First things first, make sure your PC, TV, and VR headset are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Now navigate to Meta’s casting website, then login with your Meta / Facebook account.
- If you are doing this for the first time, it will ask you for some permissions and grant access if you are okay with them.
- Now you can start casting, all you need to do is, press the Oculus button on your controller to open the universal menu.
- Select Sharing option on the screen.
- Select the Cast option to start casting, on the next screen, select your computer.
- Once it will start casting to the PC.
- Now if you own a Windows PC, then you can start casting to your TV through Chrome or Mac users can take advantage of Screen Mirroring.
- That’s it.
How to Oculus Quest 2 to TV via Amazon FireStick – Method 2
If you own a TV that doesn’t have any sort of smart features like WiFi or even screen mirroring and casting options, you can use a streaming stick. Devices like the Amazon FireStick are a great way to cast your Quest 2 to your basic TV with the help of the FireStick. Here are the steps needed to cast your Oculus Quest 2 to your FireStick plugged TV.
- Power up the TV and plug the FireStick into it and ensure that the FireStick is also connected to its power source.
- Connect your Amazon FireStick to the WiFi network.
- Now, connect your Oculus headset and your mobile device to the same WiFi network as that of the FireStick.
- Download the Oculus Mobile app for your Android or iOS devices.
- Once you have launched the app, sign in and make sure your headset is connected to the Oculus app.
- On your Android smartphone, you should be seeing the Cast button at the top of the app. (If you are using an iOS device, you need to make sure that your TV supports Apple AirPlay 2.)
- Tap on it to search for your Smart TV.
- Once you see your TV’s name, then select it and then tap on the Start option.
- If you want to stop casting, then you can select Stop Casting option.
This concludes the guide on how you can connect your Oculus Quest 2 to a TV without Chromecast built into the TV. The second method works best for those who have a basic TV and an HDMI port. We hope this guide has helped you understand how to connect an Oculus Quest to the TV without Chromecast.
If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.