Whether you own a laptop or a Desktop PC, there is one important part that lets you make several adjustments to it. This special part is the BIOS. The BIOS of a computer lets you adjust from what device you would like to boot, make changes to certain settings as well as turn on and off certain features. With that being said, here is our guide on how you can enter the BIOS of your Windows 11 PC.
There are a good number of ways that you can follow to enter the BIOS on your Windows 11 PC. We have listed all the methods below, as well as the methods that you would need to follow for certain branded systems.
Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
How to Get into BIOS on Windows 11
As we stated in the opening paragraphs, there are numerous ways that you can follow to enter the BIOS of your Windows 11 PC. The starting methods are common for all Windows PCs that are running on the newer operating system, Windows 11. If you are looking for the keypress method to enter the BIOS when your PC boots, scroll down to the bottom.
Enter BIOS using Windows 11 Settings App
One of the easiest ways to boot into the BIOS of your Windows 11 PC by directly restarting the BIOS is by using the Settings app. The Windows 11 Settings app has a lot of features and options for you to tinker with. If you are looking to restart your PC and enter the BIOS right away, follow these steps.
- Open the Settings app on your Windows 11 PC from the Start Menu.
- Click on System from the left side pane and choose Recovery on the right-hand side.
- Once the Recovery page opens up, you should see the Recovery Options header.
- Under Recovery Options, you will see an Advanced startup option with the Restart Now button.
- Click on the button to restart your PC.
- Once your PC restarts, you should see a Choose An Option.
- Click on Troubleshoot followed by Advanced Options and finally UEFI Firmware Settings.
- Click on Restart. The PC will now restart and boot directly into the BIOS.
Enter BIOS via Command Prompt
The Command Prompt is a very handy command line utility program that lets you perform a large number of tasks with just a few commands instead of running around through menus on a GUI. If you want to make use of the Command Line method to boot into BIOS, follow these steps.
- Click on the Windows icon on the Taskbar to open up the Start Menu.
- Type in Command Prompt to search for the program.
- When you see the program in the search results, right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.
- Once the Command Prompt opens up, enter the following command line
- shutdown /r /o /f /t 00
- Once you hit the enter key, the command will run.
- Your system will restart and boot into the Choose an Options screen.
- Here, you select Troubleshoot followed by Advanced Options.
- Lastly, click on the UEFI Firmware Settings option.
- The system will restart and boot into the BIOS right away.
Enter BIOS using Key Press on Windows 11 PC
The last and final way, which is also the fastest way to boot your system into the BIOS, is by pressing the particular key on the keyboard as soon as your system boots and the brand logo appears. For most users, this is usually done by spamming the F2 button repeatedly. Some brands require you to press the Fn and F2 keys as quickly as you can when the device boots up.
|Windows Lock Key + F1 Key
|F2 or F12
|F1, F2, F10, F12 or DEL
|F2 or Fn + F2
|CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + F7
|Power button and Volume Up button
|F2 or DEL
|F1 or DEL
This concludes the guide on how you can boot your Windows 11 PC into the BIOS menu. Of the three different ways that we have mentioned, the fastest way is by pressing the dedicated key when booting up the system. Of course, different brands have different ways to boot into the BIOS hence we have created the table.
If you see that a brand is not listed and you know the key to boot into the BIOS, feel free to comment down below. We will add it to the list right away.
- How to transfer files between Android and Windows using Nearby Share
- How to Apply Live Wallpapers on Windows 11 PC [3 Methods]
- How to enable Tabs in Notepad on any Windows 11
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS
- How to Optimize Windows 11 for Gaming (15 Ways)
- How to add a new User in Windows 11 [All Methods]