Streaming apps have replaced the traditional cable network connections for many. With Smart TVs being the main device for streaming movies, TV Shows, and even local channels, it’s important that the apps work perfectly. However, there can be times when the app fails to work as intended and that can be annoying. In this guide, we will be taking a look at different ways to fix Samsung TV apps not working.
When apps refuse to work on a TV it can be annoying, especially when there is a particular show or movie that you’ve been wanting to watch. Apps that are not working simply ruin the smart TV experience for most users. There are a good number of troubleshooting methods you can follow to fix this issue. Let’s get started.
Samsung TV apps not working – Let’s fix it!
We have listed a number of troubleshooting methods that you can follow to fix this issue. If for some reason, none of the methods help you work, it would be advisable to get customer service to check your Samsung TV. But first, try these troubleshooting steps.
Perform a Soft Reset
Performing a soft reset on your Samsung Smart TV will help to clear any type of bugs or glitches that might be causing the apps to either not work or not respond properly. Also, when you perform a soft reset, you will not be losing any data. There are two ways you can follow to perform a soft reset.
In the first method, you need to do is switch the TV on and grab the TV remote. All you need to do is press and hold the power button on your remote. The TV should switch itself off and then switch itself back on.
The second method is simple and easy. Simply power the TV off and disconnect it from the power source. It is recommended that you wait for 20 to 30 seconds and then plug the TV back into its power source.
Once you have performed the soft reset, go ahead and launch the app that was causing the issue. If the app works, well and is good, else, follow the next troubleshooting step.
Check for Software Updates
Now, your Samsung TV runs on TizenOS which is good. However, there can be certain bugs that might be causing the apps to not work. In this case, it is best to check if your Samsung TV has a software update that will fix the issue. Follow these steps to update your Samsung smart TV.
- Ensure that your TV is connected to the WiFi network.
- Press the Home button on your remote and head over to the Settings page.
- Select the Support option and then choose Software Update.
- Highlight and select the Update Now option to download the latest update for your TV.
- Once the update has been downloaded, the TV will restart to install the update.
- With the update installed, you can now check and see if the app is working properly. I fit isn’t, might as well follow the next step.
Clear App Cache
Sometimes, apps can be glitchy if they received a new update that made some sort of changes So before going out to uninstall the app, it is worth a try to clear the cache of the app, Clearing the app cache helps to optimize its performance. Here is how you can clear the app cache on your Samsung smart TV.
- Press the menu button on your TV remote and select the Settings option.
- Navigate and select the Support option.
- Now, select Device Care followed by the Manage Storage option.
- You will see a list of the applications that have been installed on your Tv.
- Select the application that seems to be causing the problem for you
- Click on View Details. A box will appear on your screen.
- Navigate and select the Clear Cache option. Now that the app’s cache has been cleared, go back to the home screen and launch the app.
- Your app should now be working fine. If not, you can follow the next step.
Reinstall the Application
If clearing the cache didn’t work, reinstalling the app should work perfectly. As you uninstall the app, you will also be removing the cache and other data files related to the app. So, follow the steps to reinstall an app on your Samsung smart TV.
- Press the Home button on your TV remote and select the Apps option.
- With the Apps page open, navigate to the Settings icon at the top right corner.
- You will be shown a list of all apps that have been installed on your TV.
- Highlight the app and choose the Delete option.
- If the Delete option is not visible, choose the Reinstall option.
- If you had uninstalled the app, press the Return button on the remote.
- Now select the Search box and type in the name of the app that you just uninstalled.
- From the results page, select the app and install it.
- Once the app has been installed or reinstalled, launch the app sign in with your details, and check if the app works perfectly.
Check for App Updates
If the issue is with a particular app, then make sure to check if there is any new update available for the app inside the Samsung app store on your TV.
- Go to the Home on your TV.
- Select Apps from the app library on your TV’s home screen.
- On the App Store, select the Settings (gear) icon at the top right corner.
- Now select the app which you want to update.
- Tap on the update option.
- That’s it.
If you’re still facing issue, check out the next troubleshooting method.
Reset Samsung Smart Hub
The Smart Hub is a new way to get access to various apps across various categories. Because it is the main section that houses all of your apps, it is best to reset the Samsung Smart Hub app. Not all Samsung smart TVs have the Samsung Smart Hub. But if your Samsung smart TV has the Smart Hub, you can follow these steps to reset the Smart Hub.
Samsung Smart TVs 2020 and Older
- Press the Menu button on your TV Remote and navigate to the Settings menu.
- Now select the Support option followed by Self Diagnosis.
- You should see an option that says Reset mart Hub.
- Select it to reset the Smart Hub on your TV.
Samsung smart TVs 2020 and Newer
- Grab the TV remote and press the Menu button.
- Select the Settings menu and navigate to Support.
- Select Support followed by Self Diagnosis.
- Now, select the Reset Smart Hub option.
- The Smart Hub will be reset and you can launch the app and see if it’s working.
If the app still has issues and problems, you might have to follow this last step.
Reset Samsung Smart TV
If none of the options have worked out for you, it is ideal to perform a factory reset on your Samsung Smart TV. Do note that when you perform a factory reset, you will be losing all data including accounts that have been signed in, installed apps, TV settings, and wifi networks.
So, make sure that you have all the settings and passwords memorized or noted down somewhere. Now, different Samsung TVs have different ways to perform a factory reset. You can follow this guide that shows you the steps to perform a factory reset on every Samsung TV.
These are the troubleshooting steps that you need to follow if and when the apps on your Samsung smart TV stop working. If the steps still didn’t help and your TV is still in the warranty period, you might as well get it taken to the service center to either get it repaired or replaced. If, your TV cannot be fixed or is out of warranty, might as well get yourself a streaming stick and enjoy all your apps on your Samsung TV.
More Related Articles: