Samsung starts rolling out the One UI based Android Pie 9.0 update for Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy Note 8. If you own the US unlocked variant based on T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint, then you can update your phone to the latest version of Android. The update brings all new One UI with a new custom skin, the latest security patch, and a lot of improvements. Here you will find step by step guide to download and manually install Android Pie Update on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Note 8.
A month ago, Samsung released the US unlocked update for Galaxy S9 and Note 9. The update is available for the Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U1), S8 Plus (SM-G955U1), and Note 8 (SM-G955U1). With this update, you can enable features like Digital Wellbeing, adaptive battery, Google Camera 6.1, and other useful features helps you to enhance the user experience. This is an over-the-air update and will land on your phone anytime.
The update brings the Android Pie 9.0, March 2019 security patch, and other useful features on your phone. After the update, your build number will change to G950U1UEU5DSC1 & G955U1UEU5DSC1 for Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus and N950U1UEU5DSC1 for Note 8 (Snapdragon variant). The firmware is size around 1.5GB. If the update has not arrived on your phone, you can download the firmware and then update your phone to the One UI based Android Pie 9.0.
Download Android Pie 9.0 for Samsung Galaxy S8 and Note 8 (US Unlocked)
The One UI based update for the US unlocked Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy Note will reach to your phone via OTA (over-the-air). And OTAs will take time to hit every single device, you can download the firmware by which you can manually update the device. Below, we attach the download link for the firmware and then the installation process.
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8 Android Pie Update Unlocked (Firmware)
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Android Pie Update Unlocked (Firmware)
- Download Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Android Pie Update Unlocked (Firmware)
- Charge your phone’s battery to at least 50%
- Backup your data, in case of failures you can recover it.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC
- Download Odin Flash Tool [Latest]
How to Install Samsung Galaxy S8 and Note 8 Android Pie Stable Update
- Firstly download the firmware from the above link & Odin Flash Tool (if not available).
- Extract the downloaded Firmware file.
- Power Off your Samsung Galaxy device.
- Press & hold Vol Up + Vol Down + Power key together to enter Download mode.
- Now, connect your smartphone to the PC.
- Then, open Odin Flash Tool.
- Once your device is detected by your system, Odin will show you a COM port and if it displays nothing then your device is not connected. So, in this case, check drivers or reinstall drivers.
- In Odin, Switch to Options section and untick “Auto Reboot”.
- Now put each file in their respective sections like AP file in AP Tab. Similarly, put Home_CSC file in the CSC tab.
- Then, click on the Start button to start the process.
- Once done, your Galaxy device will restart automatically (if not do it manually).
- That’s it.
After the restart, you can start using your phone on the Android Pie 9.0.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera 6.1 for Samsung Galaxy Phones
If you’re facing any errors while updating the phone, let us know in the comment section below. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: