Realme 7 is a popular mid-range Android phone from Realme. The Realme series is quite popular since its launch and currently, it is in its eighth iteration. Realme phones are not easy when it comes to modifications like rooting, changing root files, etc. But it is adapting with time, and recently official TWRP Recovery released for Realme 7 (RMX2001). Here you get to download TWRP for Realme 7.
TWRP Recovery is a custom recovery for Android phones. And undoubtedly it is the best custom recovery available right now. Not many Realme phones generally get the official TWRP Recovery. Only a few popular Realme phones managed to get the TWRP and Realme 7 is the latest among these Realme phones.
Realme 7 was released back in September 2020. And as we mentioned earlier Realme devices are not custom development friendly, and as of now, Realme hasn’t shared an official unlock apk for Realme 7. It means you cannot officially unlock the bootloader of Realme 7 even after half a year of its release. But it is possible with some modded applications.
You must be wondering why you need to use a custom recovery if the phone already comes with stock recovery. Well, it depends on what type of user you are, like if you try different custom ROMs and Mods, then it is not possible with the stock recovery. Stock Recovery comes with only a few basic options like install update via adb, format device, reboot to bootloader, etc. But TWRP comes with advanced features such as install zip/image files, partition, format/wipe data, and many other advanced features.
Download TWRP Recovery for Realme 7 (Official)
If you like to try different custom ROMs, Custom Kernels, or any other ongoing projects, then you know it requires a custom recovery. And TWRP is the best recovery. Luckily it is now available for Realme 7. And if you have Realme 7 and are looking forward to trying ROMs and Mods, then you can grab the Recovery. Since it’s the official build you can directly download it from its official page or you can directly use the link below.
Now once you have the TWRP file for Realme 7, you are still a few steps away from using it. You need to install the TWRP recovery on your device. If you don’t know the installation process, then you can check our next method. Before we move to the installation steps, let’s check the required files and drivers.
- Make sure bootloader unlocked on Realme 7
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on your pc (or download Platform tools)
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Realme 7
After following the above points, you can go through this guide to install TWRP on your phone.
- Extract the downloaded Platform tools zip file on your computer.
- Then copy the Realme 7 twrp image file to the platform-tools folder or C:\adb location on your PC.
- Rename the latest TWRP recovery image file as twrp.img for easy command process.
- Now turn off your phone and then boot Realme 7 into Fastboot mode. To boot into Fastboot mode, long press Volume Down + Power button together.
- Release both buttons when the device boot into Fastboot mode. Now connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Go to platform tools folder or C:\adb location where twrp.img is located. Now in the file location section and replace the patch address to CMD and press enter. It will open CMD or Command window.
- Now enter the below command to install TWRP Recovery on Realme 7.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- The above command will install the TWRP Recovery on your Realme 7, and now you can boot your phone to TWRP Recovery using the below command.
fastboot reboot recovery
- Now you can use the TWRP on your Realme 7.
That’s it, now you have installed the TWRP Recovery on your Realme 7. You can now boot into the system directly from the TWRP reboot option, if you are in TWRP Recovery.
Must Check | Download Google Camera 8.0 for Realme 7 & 7 Pro
So, there you have it, the complete guide on TWRP for Realme 7. If you are already using the recovery on your phone, let us know your experience.