Samsung has released the One UI based Android Pie 9.0 update for the Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime. The company is doing well for the last few months. After releasing the update for most the Galaxy J-series phones, now the company targets the On-series and has started releasing the stable Android Pie 9.0 for the On7 Prime and others. The update brings the May 2019 latest security patch, new features, and other improvements. Here is the step by step guide on how you can download and install Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime Android Pie update.
The update is currently rolling out in India and it will be available for all the regions. You can access all the Android Pie 9.0 features along with the new One UI. And the features like Digital Wellbeing, adaptive battery, and other features help you to enhance the user. One UI is a very optimized custom OS for Samsung devices. It will also improve the overall performance of your Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime.
You can taste all the Android Pie 9.0 features on your smartphone. It comes with a May 2019 latest security patch, with the One UI. One UI also comes with the new stock wallpapers, icon pack, and the new user interface. After the update, your build number will change to G611FDDU1CSD8. The firmware is size around 1GB approx. You can download the firmware and then manually install it on your On7 Prime. Make sure to follow the instructions to update your phone.
Download Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime Android Pie (Firmware)
As the OTA (Over the Air) update is rolling out in India, not for other regions. So, you can simply download the firmware directly for your Galaxy On7 Prime and manually update your phone to the Android Pie 9.0 of build number G611FDDU1CSD8. You can also wait for the official OTA notification, while it may take some time to reach your phone. So, download the firmware from the below download link.
- Download Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime Android Pie Update (Firmware)
- Make sure to charge your phone’s battery to at least 50%
- Backup your data, in case of failures, so you can recover it
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC
- Download Odin Flash Tool [Latest]
How to Install Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime Android Pie Stable Update
- Extract the downloaded Odin Flash Tool Zip/RAR file.
- Download and extract the Android Pie Firmware on your PC.
- Open OdinTool.exe from the extracted Odin Flash Tool folder.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime completely.
- Press & hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button together until any change appears in the screen.
- A warning screen will appear with few options.
- Press Volume up button to enter Download Mode/Odin Mode.
- Now connect the phone to PC via USB cable.
- In Odin, it will show blue sign in ID:COM if your phone is connected. If not showing then reinstall USB drivers.
- In Odin, switch to the Options tab and untick “Auto Reboot”.
- Check the extracted firmware folder, there you will find AP, BL, CP, CSC & Home_CSC files. In Odin click on AP and locate AP file and similarly for BL and CP.
- Click on CSC and locate CSC file if you want to delete all data of your phone. Otherwise, locate Home_CSC file if you want to wipe all the data. Selecting CSC file over Home_CSC is recommended because it will reduce the chances of bugs. But if you are already in Russia region then you can select Home_CSC file.
- After selecting all the four files, click on Start.
- It will take time to flash. You can check the progress in the Odin tool.
- After flashing it will give a success message. Now you can disconnect your device and reboot into the system.
- Done! you have successfully installed Android Pie on your Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime.
All done with this step, You can start using your On7 Prime on the new One UI based Android Pie 9.0.
You May Also Like – Download Best Samsung Themes for Galaxy Phones
If you’re facing any errors while updating the phone, let us know in the comment section below. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- Download Odin Flash Tool [Latest]
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, and S10e
- Download Google Camera 6.1 for Samsung Galaxy Phones