The Xperia 1 V is the newest flagship smartphone by Sony. This year’s model is billing with the all-new Sony ExmorT IMX 888 primary camera sensor, Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset, a better cooling system, Night Mode support, and more. With the triple-lens camera array, the Xperia 1 Mark 5 captures nice and detailed photos, but still, if you are looking for a GCam mod. Here you can download Google Camera for Sony Xperia 1 V.
Google Camera for Sony Xperia 1 V [Best GCam]
Sony Xperia 1 V has a triple-lens camera setup on the back, featuring an all-new 52MP multi-aspect sensor (effective 48MP sensor), a 12MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 12MP telephoto camera. The primary camera is the world’s first stacked CMOS sensor with 2-layer transistor pixel technology, the sensor is 1.7x larger than the Xperia 1 IV.
In terms of software, the phone still offers three professional photography apps – the Photography Pro, the Video Pro, and the Cinema Pro. All three apps work fine and capture nice photos. Yes, the photo quality is great in every condition. This year, Sony introduced Night Mode and it works fine, but isn’t as good as the Pixel Camera’s app.
There are a number of Google Camera ports available for Android phones and you’ll be glad to know that the Xperia 1 V supports GCam mod. The Google Camera mod comes with several useful features including Astrophotography mode, Night Sight, SloMo, HDR Enhanced, Lens Blur, RAW support, and more. Now let’s take a look at the steps on how to download and install Google Camera app on Sony Xperia 1 V.
Download Google Camera for Sony Xperia 1 V
Sony Xperia 1 V is a feature-rich smartphone and comes with Camera2 API support. Yes, you can easily install the GCam mod port on your phone. Below we attach the latest version of GCam port by BSG – GCam 8.9 and the more compatible GCam 8.1. You can use Astrophotography and Night Sight in these ports.
- Download GCam 8.1 for Sony Xperia 1 V [GC_8.1.101_A9_GV2b_MGC.apk] (Recommended)
- Download GCam 8.9 for Sony Xperia 1 V [GCam 8.9 – MGC_8.9.097_A11_V3_MGC.apk] (Beta)
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs.
If you want better results, then you can follow the below steps and add a configuration file.
- At first, you need to download this config file on your smartphone.
- Now open File Manager, then make a new folder, name it “GCam”, inside the GCam folder, make a new folder, named “Configs8”.
- Open Configs8 folder and paste the config file here.
- That’s it.
Now open the Google Camera then swipe down to open settings, under Settings tap on Configs then load the config file download earlier. This GCam also works after you install the Android 14 update on your device.
For GCam 8.9 there’s no need to configure many settings, but still, you can play with GCam settings according to your needs for better results.
If you’ve any query, drop a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
- List of Sony Xperia Phones eligible for Android 14 update
- Sony starts rolling out stable Android 14 for Xperia 1 V
- Sony Xperia 10 V gets Android 14 update
- How to Use Multiple Accounts on WhatsApp [Android]
- Download Honor V Purse Wallpapers (FHD+)