Motorola is a brand owned by Lenovo and there are many popular series from Motorola like Moto G, Moto X, Moto E, and others. Just like other brands Motorola also allows users to unlock bootloader and root their devices. But there are many chances that while trying to modify we could brick our phones. This is a common issue so if it happened in your case don’t worry because we have a working guide to fix the issue. Here you will know how to unbrick Motorola phones or how to fix bricked Motorola phones.
We decided to make this guide after many users contacted us to help with fixing their bricked devices. And as we expected the guide worked and they finally fixed their devices. So we decided to share with all of you in case if you brick your device. It happens most of the time when we are trying to root or install custom recovery for the first time. And it is important to know the guide to fix it. So that from next time you can easily recover the device.
This guide will help you to fix issues like the phone stuck in the boot logo or it is stuck in bootloop. It is a simple guide and works with all Motorola phones like Moto G8 Plus, Moto G7 Plus, Moto X and other Motorola phones. Let’s get to the guide to fix the bootloop on Motorola phones.
How to Unbrick Motorola Phones
Like other phones, Motorola devices can be fixed only by flashing the correct firmware on your Motorola device. There are some tools that allow flashing stock ROM or Firmware on Motorola phones but the best and effective tools are Moto Auto Flash Tool & RSD Tool. So here we will be using the Moto Auto Flash Tool & RSD Lite tool for flashing Firmware on Motorola devices. But before moving to steps make sure to follow the requirements below.
- Download Moto Auto Flash Tool
- Install Motorola USB Driver on your computer
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC
- Download the Firmware/ROM for your phone
How to Boot Motorola Phones into Fastboot Mode
Flashing firmware on Motorola smartphones requires the device to be in Fastboot Mode which is also known as bootloader mode and Download mode. So if you are going to fix your phone then you should know the method to boot your Motorola device to Fastboot mode. There is more than one method to boot into Fastboot Mode, but since the device is not booting into the system then you can only use one method and luckily it is the simple one.
- First power off your phone completely.
- Now press & hold Volume Down + Power button together.
- Release both buttons when you see the Fastboot mode.
- Now your Motorola phone is in Fastboot Mode.
Method 1: Steps to Fix Bricked Motorola Devices (using Moto Auto Flash Tool)
Once you have all the files and you know how to boot into Fastboot then you are good to go.
- Copy all the downloaded files to your computer including Firmware, and the flash tool.
- Extract the Tool as well as the Firmware on different folders.
- Now copy all the files from extracted firmware. And paste the files in the Firmware folder which will be in the extracted tool folder.
- Now run the Moto Auto Flash Tool from the extracted tool folder.
- In the Moto Auto Flash Tool press any key to open options. Then enter ‘1’ to select Moto Flashing / Root etc option.
- In the next screen, you need to select Moto All Gen Flashing Options by entering ‘1’ again.
- Now it will give three options for different Motorola devices. Select the one by entering the correct number for your device.
- Boot your device into Fastboot mode and connect with the Computer using a USB cable.
- It will start flashing the Firmware on your Motorola Phone which can take few minutes so wait for flashing.
- After its done, reboot your phone and you can normally use your phone.
If you brick your device again, then you can follow the same steps as above to get the device working again. This is a simple procedure and takes only a few minutes.
The tool has so many features and allows you to root, unlock bootloader, sideload, flash recovery, FRP removal, maintain partition and a lot more.
In case if the above method didn’t work then you can use the second method below which is also a tool for flashing the Firmware on Motorola devices.
Method 2: Steps to Fix Bricked Motorola Devices (using RSD Lite)
- Download the RSD Lite tool on your computer and extract the tool.
- Now install the tool on your PC and run it as an administrator (you can find the RSD.exe in the location where you installed it).
- Copy the downloaded firmware on your computer.
- In RSD Lite tool click on three dots near the Start button and load the Stock ROM of your phone.
- It will ask to decompress so select the ‘Decompress Only’ section and wait for decompressing the file.
- When it is done boot your device into Fastboot Mode and connect your phone to computer.
- The tool will show the phone is connected in the status.
- Click on the ‘connected’ and it will show device properties.
- Now click on the Start button and wait for flashing the firmware. After flashing the device will reboot automatically.
- Wait till the device start and then disconnect your phone.
That’s all now your device will start working just like the new one.
So there you have it the complete guide on How to unbrick Motorola phones or fix any bricked Motorola devices. It works very well and tested by some users. Let us know in case of any issues in the below comment section.