Different services provide their users with some kind of reward. The same can be said about Twitch and the various channel points that the viewer and the streamer can earn. If you are someone that wants to know what channel points are and what you need to do in order to earn channel points. This is the ultimate how-to guide for everything about channel points on Twitch.
While you learn about twitch channel points, we will also be talking about how you can make use of the different rewards within the Twitch platform. If you are someone who wants to earn such rewards or simply just want to know what these rewards are all about, you have come to the right place. Read on to know everything from setting up channel points, getting channel points, and even claiming such rewards on Twitch.
What are Channel Points
Channel Points are rewards that you can earn when you perform a number of actions on Twitch. With the points that you earn on Twitch, you can make use of these points to unlock different perks on your favorite Twitch Streamer’s channel. They could be anything like stickers and emojis. Based on the number of points that you accumulate, you’ll be able to claim more items. Twitch points are set by streamers which can be earned by their followers.
How to Set up Channel Points
As a Twitch streamer, you will be able to reward your viewers from time to time. This is a great way to retain viewers to your channel as well as another good way to bring in even more viewers to your channel. So let’s take a look at the steps you need to follow in order to enable channel points on your Twitch channel.
- First off, use your favorite web browser to log in to Twitch.
- Once you have logged in, you simply need to click on your profile icon at the top right corner.
- A menu will now open up under the icon. Click on the option that says Creator Dashboard.
- Towards the left side of the Creator Dashboard, click on the Stream Manager option.
- Make sure to click on the Community option from the side menu and from the drop down menu select Channel Points.
How to Enable and Customize Channel Points
Now that you know where the Channel Points option is on the Creator Dashboard, you can now enable Channel Points. You need to understand that this option is only available if you streamed some type of content. If you are trying to find this option on a new and blank Twitch channel, you will not find the option.
- On the Channel Points page, click the toggle to switch the option On.
- Under the Customize Points Display, you can change the channel points icon with any emote of your choice.
- Under the Manage my Rewards option, you can enable various kinds of points by switching the toggles to On.
- While these are all the default rewards and channel point options, you can also add your own custom rewards.
- Simply click on the button that says Add New Custom Reward.
- You will be able to add in info such as Reward name, and description and choose whether the viewer will have to enter in any text to receive or earn the rewards.
How to Get Channel Points as a Viewer
While the streamer sets up various channel points in order to retain as well as attract more viewers, the viewers can earn these channel points very easily. All you need to do as a viewer is to participate, watch or raid a Twitch channel to earn these points. Here is a list of actions as well as points earned. However, at times, you will see an option during the stream that says Click to Claim Channel Points. This option is usually found at the bottom of the chat window for channels that are partnered with Twitch.
|Action Performed||Points Earned|
|Participating in a Raid||250|
|Watch Streak 2||300|
|Watch Streak 3||350|
|Watch Streak 4||400|
|Watch Streak 5+||450|
|1st Subscription Gift||500|
How to Redeem Channel Points
Now, as a Viewer, if you have performed any of the above actions multiple times, then there is a high chance of you having a ton of channel points in your account. So do you simply let the points collect dust? Nope! You can use these points to unlock a number of various items on your favorite Twitch Streamer’s channel. Here is how you can redeem these channel points that you have earned.
- First, head over to your favorite Twitch streamer’s channel and open up the chat screen.
- You will see the Channel Points icon at the bottom left.
- When you click on it, a number of options will available.
- Based on the number of points that you have accumulated, you can click on claim rewards from the particular Streamer’s Channel.
- Once you select the reward, simply follow the instructions that will appear on-screen on how to use it.
This now concludes everything you need to know about channel points. Whether it is about setting them up, earning them as well as redeeming these points. We hope you have understood everything about Twitch points and now go ahead to earn points to show your support for your favorite streamers on Twitch. If you have any queries or wish to add more things, feel free to leave them in the comments below.