We live in a connected world where it has become a necessity to be in touch and interact with others online. Because social media accounts can be easily created online, at times it can be difficult to distinguish between a real account and a scammer’s or a fake account. It can be the case in Twitch as well. And so it is always recommended that general users and streamers should get verified badges to help new users differentiate between fake users and trusted users. Here’s How to Get Verified on Twitch and If you are a streamer how to get verified badge.
There have been numerous instances where people have fallen into the traps of a fake account pretending to be the real person that is hosting giveaways or competitions online. If you’re someone that wants to prevent such fake accounts from impersonating you, then you can follow our guide on how to get verified on Twitch.
Twitch is a great streaming platform where you can stream content of various types. Be it gaming, music, live talk shows, podcasts, or anything else for that matter. It is important to get verified on Twitch in order to become a twitch partner. These partnership programs not only get you an even larger audience but also can help you in monetary terms. There are also certain conditions that you will need to follow in order to be verified on Twitch. Let’s get started.
How to Get Verified on Twitch and Get a Badge
When you get verified on twitch, you will also be getting a badge that says you are a verified streamer. This badge helps to weed out a number of fake profiles that could be trying to impersonate you. There are certain conditions that you will have to follow in order to get the verified badge on your Twitch account. Here are the criteria:
- The streamer will have to stream for a minimum of 25 hours. This means in a month, you will have to cover 25 or more hours of streaming.
- The next criteria is that you will have to stream on 12 different days. If you were thinking about streaming for 12 days continuously, it wouldn’t work. The idea is to leave a day to two gaps between streaming. This is done in order to see how well you are able to bring back your audience after taking a few breaks from streaming.
- Attract an average of 75 viewers. In the course of your one month, you will have to attract at least 75 viewers per stream. No, it wouldn’t count if you had 1000 viewers in one day and had next to nothing the other day. Consistency is key in order to get verified.
Once you have met the requirements to become a Twitch Partner and eventually get verified, you will be displaying the Twitch verified badge on your profile. However, there can also be certain times even if you have met the requirements, you might not be granted the verification badge. It is up to Twitch to decide who gets enrolled in the partnership and who doesn’t. Apart from the requirements, Twitch will also make various checks such as their terms and conditions being followed and whether the streamer has a clean track record.
Directly Apply to Partner with Twitch
Now, this method will only work the best if you are extremely famous and have a huge fan following on social media. Apart from streamers, even popular brands can use this method to get their selves verified on Twitch. If you are any of the above and famous, you can simply use this form to signup to be a Twitch Partner.
Once you are verified, you will be able to see a badge next to your name whenever you send messages in Twitch chat. This also tells everyone that the real person is sending the message and not a fake profile scammer. Now, some Twitch channels require that you, the general Twitch user also have a verified account in order to send messages in Twitch chat.
What verification you might ask? Well, your account needs to be secured with two-factor Authentication. Having this additional security layer helps to prevent your account from being hacked and eventually being misused by the person to send in vulgar messages and spam.
Enable 2FA on Twitch
- First, make sure that you have verified the email address that is used with your Twitch account.
- Log in to Twitch using your favorite web browser.
- Once signed in, click on the Profile icon at the top right corner.
- Click on Settings from the drop-down menu.
- With the Settings page open, click on the Security and Privacy tab.
- Scroll down a bit till you see the Security header.
- An option that says Two factor Authentication will be shown. Click on the button that says Set up Two-factor Authentication.
- A popup message will be displayed. Click on Enable 2FA.
- It will now ask you to enter your mobile number.
- A seven-digit code will be sent as a text to your mobile number.
- Enter the code in the popup on Twitch.
- Next, you will have to download an authenticator app. You can choose between Google Authenticator or Authy.
- Launch the app and scan the QR code that is being displayed on your screen.
- And finally, enter the verification code.
- With all the steps followed, you have now verified your account on Twitch as a general user.
And this is how you can verify your account on Twitch and get a badge (if you are a streamer). Whether you are a streamer or simply just using Twitch to follow up and be updated about your favorite streamer on Twitch, it is important that you have your accounts verified. As it can help in case anything bad happens to your account. As a side note, it is best to have all your accounts secured and verified via 2FA for safety. If you have any queries, feel free to leave them in the comments below.
More Twitch Guides: