Twitch is a well-known and popular streaming service that serves a super large global audience. It ranges from streaming content like games, talk shows, live music, or even educational content. No matter what content you follow your favorite Twitch streamer, you can always create clips.
These clips can be defined as highlights from a particular stream and do not have an expiration date. Because Twitch Clips can be created easily, there can be times when either the creator or followers might think about deleting a few clips that have been created. So, if you want to know how to delete Clips on Twitch, this is the guide for you.
Before we get into how you can delete Clips on Twitch, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind. First, if you are someone who moderates a channel, you will not be able to delete the Clips that have been created by the channel owner. Only the Editor and the Channel owner will be able to delete such clips. Also, as an editor or owner of the Twitch channel, you can delete clips that have been created by your followers from your videos. Now let’s take a look at how to delete clips on Twitch.
Delete Clips on Twitch via PC
In this guide, we will be taking a look at the different ways Twitch Clips can be deleted on PC. Whether you are the creator of a certain clip or are a follower that created a clip from your favorite Twitch streamer.
Note: If you are a follower and created a clip of a video from a channel then you can follow the first method. Yes, deleting clips is the same for both creators and followers.
Delete Twitch Clips Created by You
If you’re a Twitch streamer and have created a number of clips from your own videos or streams, there is an easy way that you can follow to delete Twitch Clips. This works also for followers. Here’s how to delete Twitch clips created by you.
- First, log in to your Twitch account via your favorite web browser on your PC.
- Now, click on the Profile icon that you see at the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- A menu will be displayed under the Profile icon. Click on Creator Dashboard from the list.
- The Creator Dashboard will now be displayed on your screen.
- On the left-hand side of your screen, click on the Content option,
- From the drop-down menu, click on Clips.
- The Clips dashboard will be displayed on the screen. Select the Clips I Have Created tab.
- You will be able to select the clips that you wish to delete.
- Once you have selected clips that you wish to delete, click on the button that says Delete Selected.
- The clips will now be deleted from your channel.
Delete Twitch Clips Created by your Followers
Apart from just deleting clips that you have created on your Twitch channel, Twitch also allows you to delete clips that have been created by your followers from your streams. Here is how you can delete these clips created from your content by your followers.
- You will have to log in to your twitch account using your favorite web browser on your PC.
- Next, click on the Profile icon at the top right corner.
- Select Creator Dashboard from the menu.
- With the Creator Dashboard open, click on Content from the pane on the left side of your screen.
- A menu will now slide open under Content.
- Select Clips from the menu.
- In the Clips Dashboard, click on the tab that says Clips of My Channel.
- You will be shown all clips that have been created by your followers from your channel.
- Select the clips that you wish to delete by selecting the checkbox next to them.
- Once you selected clips that you wish to delete, click on the Delete Selected button.
- The clips created by your followers will now be deleted right away.
Delete Clips on Twitch via Mobile
Because the mobile app doesn’t have an option that lets you select and delete clips on Twitch, you will have to use a web browser on your mobile device and ensure that you are running it in desktop mode. That is the only way you can follow to delete clips on Twitch. While the steps are the same to delete Clips from Twitch when using a PC, we will list the steps on how to enable desktop mode on your favorite web browsers on mobile.
Desktop Mode for Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome and tap on the three-dot menu at the top right corner of your screen.
- A menu will now be displayed on your screen with a bunch of options.
- Simply tap on the box next to the Desktop Mode option.
- Once you have enabled Desktop Mode, simply login to twitch and follow the steps that have been mentioned above to delete clips.
Desktop Mode for Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox on your mobile device.
- Now, tap on the three-dot menu. This will be either at the top or bottom of the screen. (This depends on how you have set the options to be displayed)
- Now, from the menu that opens, simply tap on the toggle that says Desktop Site.
- With the toggle set to on, simply login to twitch and follow the instructions above that show you how to delete clips on Twitch.
Desktop Mode for Microsoft Edge
- Fire up Microsoft Edge on your mobile device.
- Now tap on the three dots present at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, tap on the option that says Desktop Site.
- All you need to do now is log in to Twitch and follow the steps mentioned above on how to delete clips on Twitch.
And this is how you can delete Clips on Twitch using your PC or mobile. Yes, it sure is a strange fact that there is no option to delete clips on Twitch via the mobile app. However, the workaround to delete clips on your mobile should be good enough. We hope this guide has helped you in knowing how you can delete clips on Twitch. If you have any queries, you are free to leave them in the comment section below.