Asus starts rolling out the Android 13 update for ZenFone 8z (aka ZenFone 8 for India). The update comes one month after the global rollout. Asus is pushing the new firmware with a flurry of new features and enhancements. At the time of writing, the update is in a rolling phase, a broader rollout should follow in the coming days.
Asus ZenFone 8z picks up the new software with WW-33.0210.0210.210 firmware version. As it is a major upgrade it weighs 1.4GB in size. Yes, it requires a huge amount of data for downloading. The upgrade is seeding with January 2023 monthly security patch alongside a big list of changes.
Moving to the list of changes, then Asus is pushing Android 13 to ZenFone 8Z (ZS590KS) with features like a new notification permission feature, more color options for the themed icons, a cross-device copy-paste feature, an updated media player, added the QR code scanner option, removed the Call duration setting, and more.
Here’s the complete changelog coming with the Android 13 update.
- Upgraded system to Android 13
- Revamped Mobile Manager, Contacts, Phone, Emergency Dialer, File Manager, Calculator, Clock, Gallery, Weather, Sound recorder, Settings, Data Transfer, Local backup, and so on.
- Adjusted Quick Settings panel, notification tray, and volume panel to Android 13 design
- Added the notification permission feature. You can adjust the permission of each apps in the Apps & notifications Settings.
- System clipboard added “Auto delete” and editor features
- Added the QR code scanner option for the lock screen shortcut feature, and the Control from locked device feature in the Security & lock screen setting
- According to Digital Wellbeing setting, system color scheme can be set to automatically switched by the bedtime option
- Adjusted the Vibration & haptic strength setting, Display and font size setting, and the width/length of navigation white bar when choosing gesture navigation
- Changed to the Blocked numbers setting in Phone to stock behavior. You will not receive calls or texts from blocked numbers.
- Removed the Call duration setting
- Replaced original Style settings to new Wallpaper & style settings – Remove shape option, support Themed icons, and the system color is reset to blue.
- Added link quick share feature in ASUS Launcher
- Added Asus customization preferences setting. Allows applying the collection of commonly used customization settings with one click.
- Removed the ‘Calm’ and ‘Elegant’ options in the Power button menu style setting.
- Adjusted the design of the dialpad and contacts details page in the Phone app to display information more clearly.
- Some 3rd party apps are not compatible with Android 13 yet
- Upgrade system modes to the latest version, including “High performance”, “Dynamic”, “Durable” and “Ultra durable.” Game Genie is also upgraded to the latest version, to allow quick switching of system modes in games.
- Updated Android security patch to 2023-01-05
If you own ZenFone 8Z, then you can now upgrade your smartphone to Android 13 by navigating to Settings > System > Software Updates, if there is a new update available on your device, then you can install it, or, you can wait for a few days.
Before updating your phone, make sure to take a backup and also charge your phone to at least 50%.
1 thought on “Asus ZenFone 8z starts getting Android 13 update in India”
Does it support 5G band of JIO network