After the recent Google I/O event, Google released the second Android 13 beta for Pixel phones. And some other Android phone brands such as Asus, OnePlus, Realme, etc. partnered with Google to release the Android 13 developer preview for their phones. In the case of Asus, the Zenfone 8 gets Android 13 Developer Preview. Here’s how to get Android 13 Developer Preview on Asus Zenfone 8.
Android 13 has been available for testing since February and has already completed two developer previews and a beta. And as per these updates, Android 13 seems like a good upgrade. It’s not a major upgrade like Android 12 but adds value to the Android OS. As the Android 13 Developer Preview now reaches non-Pixel phones, more users will get the chance to experience and test it for experience or development.
We’ve already shared the Android 13 Developer Preview update method for several non-Pixel phones. And as now Asus Zenfone 8 also gets Android 13 Developer Preview, here you will find its method as well. This is the first build of Android 13 Developer Preview for Zenfone 8. It could have major bugs as well as look quite different from the stable Android 13 which is expected to be released later this year.
Android 13 Developer Preview for Zenfone 8
If you are an Asus Zenfone 8 user and want to try the Android 13 Developer Preview, the process is very simple. You can follow this guide to get Android 13 on your Zenfone 8. But remember to install it at your own risk. Check the known issues before proceeding.
- Fingerprint authentication not supported
- Face unlock feature not supported
- System stability issues
- 3rd-party apps compatibility issues
Let’s start with the requirements.
- Download the Android 13 Image file for Zenfone 8
- Take a full backup of your phone as it will erase all data
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Update your phone to the latest stable version available
- Make sure that no screen lock (pattern, PIN, or password) is set on your phone
Steps to Install Android 13 Developer Preview on Zenfone 8
- Extract the downloaded Android 13 zip file on your PC.
- Turn off your phone. Press and hold Volume Down + Power button together to enter Fastboot mode.
- Once the phone boots into fastboot, connect it to your computer.
- In the extracted folder run the update_image.bat file (Windows), update_image.sh file (for Ubuntu), or update_image_for_mac.sh file (for Mac).
- It will now install the Android 13 developer preview on your Zenfone 8. You will see the Download Complete message on your PC. Press enter and your phone will restart.
- Now you can enjoy the Android 13 on your Asus Zenfone 8.
If you have Zenfone 8 and tried the Android 13, then let us know your experience. And if you want to revert back to Android 12 for some reason, then you can do that too. You need to follow the same process, but the file will be Android 12 Image instead of Android 13 Image.
- Download and Install Android 13 Beta GSI on any Android Phone
- Realme brings first Android 13 beta for Realme GT 2 Pro
- Pixel 6a Wallpapers recreated by Artists, download them here