Asus has just released the stable Android 13 update for ZenFone 8 and ZenFone 8 Flip. Yes, the newest version of Android is now available for the ZenFone 8 series phones. The new update arrives one month after the ZenFone 9 upgrade.
Asus plants the new software on the two ZenFone 8 series phones with the 33.0210.0210.210 software version number. As it is a major software upgrade, it requires a big chunk of data for downloading, so make sure you have enough data for downloading.
Asus is rolling out the new software in a staged manner, which means that the update will not be available to all users at the same time, but will be gradually released over the next several weeks. For the time being, the OTA is seeding in select regions including Europe, India, Russia, and Taiwan, a broader rollout should follow in the coming days.
The new software is rolling with a bunch of new features and improvements. Asus pushes the new Android 13 firmware to the ZenFone 8 and 8 Flip with features like a new notification permission feature, more color options for the themed icons, a cross-device copy-paste feature, an updated media player, added the QR code scanner option, removed the Call duration setting, and more. The update will also bump up the security patch version to January 2023. Here’s the complete list of changes coming with the Android 13 update.
Asus ZenFone 8 (Flip) Android 13 update – Changelog
- Upgraded system to Android 13
- Revamped Mobile Manager, Contacts, Phone, Emergency Dialer, File Manager, Calculator, Clock, Gallery, Weather, Sound recorder, Settings, Data Transfer, Local backup, and so on.
- Adjusted Quick Settings panel, notification tray, and volume panel to Android 13 design
- Added the notification permission feature. You can adjust the permission of each apps in the Apps & notifications Settings.
- System clipboard added “Auto delete” and editor features
- Added the QR code scanner option for the lock screen shortcut feature, and the Control from locked device feature in the Security & lock screen setting
- According to Digital Wellbeing setting, system color scheme can be set to automatically switched by the bedtime option
- Adjusted the Vibration & haptic strength setting, Display and font size setting, and the width/length of navigation white bar when choosing gesture navigation
- Changed to the Blocked numbers setting in Phone to stock behavior. You will not receive calls or texts from blocked numbers.
- Removed the Call duration setting
- Replaced original Style settings to new Wallpaper & style settings – Remove shape option, support Themed icons, and the system color is reset to blue.
- Added link quick share feature in ASUS Launcher
- Added Asus customization preferences setting. Allows applying the collection of commonly used customization settings with one click.
- Removed the ‘Calm’ and ‘Elegant’ options in the Power button menu style setting.
- Adjusted the design of the dialpad and contacts details page in the Phone app to display information more clearly.
- Some 3rd party apps are not compatible with Android 13 yet
- Upgrade system modes to the latest version, including “High performance”, “Dynamic”, “Durable” and “Ultra durable.” Game Genie is also upgraded to the latest version, to allow quick switching of system modes in games.
- Updated Android security patch to 2023-01-05
If you own the Asus ZenFone 8 or ZenFone 8 Flip and live in Europe, India, Russia, or Taiwan, then you can check the new software by navigating to Settings > System > Software Updates, if there is a new update available on your device, then you can install it, or, you can wait for a few days.
Before updating your phone, make sure to take a backup and also charge your phone to at least 50%.
- List of Asus Phones eligible for Android 13 Update
- How much RAM does each Pixel phone have?
- Android 13 Developer Preview is now available for Zenfone 8
- Download Google Camera 8.1 for Asus ZenFone 8 and 8 Flip
- How to Root Asus Zenfone 9 and Unlock Bootloader
- Google Pixel Fold 360 video gives best look at the foldable