Asus ZenFone number series phones are always billing with an impressive piece of hardware when it comes to the camera section. And the latest, ZenFone 8 series is no exception, both the ZenFone 8 and 8 Flip houses 64MP camera sensors on its back panel. The vanilla ZenFone 8 packs a dual-lens camera module, while the ZenFone 8 Flip embodies triple-lens camera module. Both phones rely on Sony IMX 686 sensor, it captures decent images. Fortunately, the Pixel 5 Camera app (aka GCam mod) is also compatible on the ZenFone 8 lineup, it produces better results. Here you can Download Google Camera for Asus ZenFone 8 and 8 Flip.
Google Camera for Asus ZenFone 8 (Flip)
The default camera app on ZenFone 8 lineup is already optimized. The app has a number of useful modes, like Auto Night Mode, HDR Auto, Pro Mode, and more. The Night Mode works fine with the primary sensor, while if you want to capture ultra-wide-angle shots in Night Mode, then the results are not much impressive. If you want to boost up the low-light photography experience, then I recommend sideloading Google Camera app on your smartphone. As the latest version of the app support Night Sight mode as well as the Astrophotography mode.
Google Camera from Pixel 5 – GCam 8.1 is compatible with many recently launched phones, and the ZenFone 8 and 8 Flip are no difference. You can easily sideload GCam mod port on your ZenFone 8 series smartphone. Talking about the features, then the app support features like anticipated Astrophotography mode, Night Sight, SloMo, Beauty Mode, HDR Enhanced, Lens Blur, PhotoSphere, Playground, RAW support, Google Lens, and more. Now let’s take a look at the steps on how to download and install Google Camera app on Asus ZenFone 8 and 8 Flip.
Download Google Camera for Asus ZenFone 8 & 8 Flip
The feature-packed ZenFone 8 line phones also support Camera2 API out-of-the-box, the only thing you need to sideload the GCam mod port. Yes, there’s no need to root the smartphone for sideloading the app. So, here we attach GCam 8.1 port by Wichaya, this mod APK is working fine on the Asus ZenFone 8 and 8 Flip. Here are the download links of the app.
- Download GCam for Zenfone 8 (Flip) (GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.1.apk) [Latest]
- Download Google Camera 7.4 Mod APK [Latest]
Once you’ve downloaded the app on your smartphone, you need to make some changes to the app’s settings before start using it. Obviously, for better performance and results. In this section you can check the settings we recommend you to apply before start using the app.
- Open GCam app on your smartphone > Settings > Mod Settings
- Auxiliary camera > Aux Camera Back
- Auxiliary camera > Manual set camera ID > Enable
- Auxiliary camera > Manual set camera ID > Back Camera 1 set to 0
- Auxiliary camera > Manual set camera ID > Back Camera 2 set to 2
- Auxiliary camera > Manual set camera ID > Front Camera (main) to 1
You can also change more settings from advanced section available in developer settings page, not only this, but you can also change device model to Pixel 5 or Pixel 4 XL accordingly.
How to install Google Camera on Asus ZenFone 8 (Flip)
- At first download the GCam app from above-listed links.
- Once downloaded, head over to the settings then enable the Unkown Sources.
- Now install the Google Camera.
- Then, open the app and allow the app permissions if any needed.
- That’s it.
Note: Before installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs.
All done. Start capturing blazing and great photos directly from your Asus ZenFone 8 and 8 Flip.
You May Also Like – Download Windows 11 Wallpapers [4K Resolution]
If you’ve any query, drop a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- How to Install Android 12 Beta on Asus ZenFone 8
- Download Android 12 Wallpapers [4K]
- Download iOS 15 Wallpapers