After releasing the Android 13 upgrade for ZenFone-series phones, the Taiwanese smartphone makers started rolling out new software for gaming phones. Now the company starts pushing the new software to the ROG Phone 6D and ROG Phone 6D Ultimate. Yes, you can now upgrade your ROG Phone 6D to Android 13.
Asus has officially confirmed the rollout on its community forum, as per the details shared by Community Manager, the new upgrade is seeding with the 33.0404.1203.63 software version number. The gaming phones are all set to receive their first major software upgrade. It is a major upgrade, so make sure you have enough data and storage on your device.
Asus is pushing the Android 13 update to ROG Phone 6D and ROG Phone 6D Ultimate with a bunch of new features and enhancements. The list of the new features includes new stock apps, revamped quick settings panel, notification permission for apps, a QR code scanner shortcut for the lock screen, app language settings, more color palettes, a new ROG UI design, and more.
The update will also bump up the monthly security patch to January 2023. Here are the complete changes coming with Android 13 on ROG Phone 6D and 6D Ultimate.
- Please back up your data before upgrading to Android 13. Downgrading your device software version to Android 12 using the official software package will erase all data from your device internal storage.
- Upgraded system to Android 13
- Updated Android security patch to 2023-01-05
- Revamped Mobile Manager, Contacts, Phone, Emergency Dialer, File Manager, Calculator, Clock, Gallery, Weather, Sound recorder, Settings, Data Transfer, Local backup, Armoury Crate, Game Genie, and so on.
- Adjusted Quick Settings panel, notification tray, and volume panel to Android 13 design
- Added the notification permission feature. You can adjust the permission of each apps in the Apps & notifications Settings.
- System clipboard added “Auto delete” and editor features
- Added the QR code scanner option for the lock screen shortcut feature, and the Control from locked device feature in the Security & lock screen setting
- According to Digital Wellbeing setting, system color scheme can be set to automatically switched by the bedtime option
- Added the App Languages Setting
- Adjusted the Vibration & haptic strength setting, Display and font size setting, and the width/length of navigation white bar when choosing gesture navigation
- Changed to the Blocked numbers setting in Phone to stock behavior. You will not receive calls or texts from blocked numbers.
- Removed the Call duration setting
- Added the Themed icons option in the Wallpaper & style setting. Support more color combinations.
- Added link quick share feature in ASUS Launcher
- Adjusted the design of the dialpad and contacts details page in the Phone app to display information more clearly
- Some 3rd party apps are not compatible with Android 13 yet
- Introduced new ROG UI design
If you own ROG Phone 6D or 6D Ultimate, then you can now upgrade your smartphone to Android 13 by navigating to Settings > System > Software Updates, if there is a new update available on your device, then you can install it, or, you can wait for a few days.
Before updating your phone, make sure to take a backup and also charge your phone to at least 50%.