Apple surprisingly releases another RC update for developers and beta testers. On Tuesday Apple released the iOS 14.3 RC and iPadOS 14.3 RC. And on Thursday Apple also rolls out unexpected iOS 14.3 RC2 and iPadOS 14.3 RC2. If you don’t know what RC is? it is the same build that replaces the GM build release a week before the final update.
This year we observed many non uniform Apple updates and at different times. And this is another surprise where iPhone and iPad users are getting the second iOS 14.3 Release Candidate update. There may be some background issue that Apple noticed and decided to release a second Release Candidate. There aren’t many bugs reported from users in RC1 and so this has to be with the background issue.
The update is rolling out with full update size as the RC1 and so you need to install it fully on your iPhone or iPad. iOS 14.3 RC2 and iPadOS 14.3 RC2 updates are available in update size around 4GB and can vary as per the device. The update comes with build number 18C66.
All the features in the second release candidate are similar to the RC1. And below you will find the changelog list.
iOS 14.3 RC2 – Changelog
- A new fitness experience powered by Apple Watch with studio-style workouts available on your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV (Apple Watch Series 3 and later)
- New Fitness app on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV to browse Fitness+ workouts, trainers, and personalized recommendations
- Video workouts added each week in ten popular workout types: High Intensity Interval Training, Indoor Cycling, Yoga, Core, Strength, Dance, Rowing, Treadmill Walking, Treadmill Running, and Mindful Cooldown
- Playlists curated by Fitness+ trainers to complement your workout
- Fitness+ subscription available in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and United States
- Support for AirPods Max, new over-ear headphones
- High fidelity audio for rich sound
- Adaptive EQ adapts sound in real time to the personal fit of ear cushions
- Active Noise Cancellation to block out environmental noise
- Transparency mode to hear the environment around you
- Spatial audio with dynamic head tracking for a theater-like listening experience
- Apple ProRAW photos can be captured on iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Apple ProRAW photos can be edited in the Photos app
- Option to record video at 25 fps
- Mirror the front facing camera for still photos on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X
- New privacy information section on App Store pages that includes a developer-reported summary of the appâs privacy practices
- An all-new Apple TV+ tab makes it easy to discover and watch Apple Original shows and movies
- Enhanced search so you can browse by category such as genre, and see recent searches and suggestions as you type
- Top search results shown with the most relevant matches across movies, TV shows, cast, channels, and sports
- Support for launching App Clips by scanning Apple-designed App Clip Codes via Camera or from Control Center
- Ability to indicate pregnancy, lactation, or contraceptive use in Cycle Tracking in the Health app in order to better manage period and fertile window predictions
- Air quality data is now available in Weather, Maps, and Siri for locations in China mainland
- Air quality health recommendations are provided in Weather and Siri for the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, India, and Mexico at certain air quality levels
- Air quality data in Weather, Maps, and Siri reflects updated national scales for Germany and Mexico
- Ecosia search engine option in Safari
Download iOS 14.3 RC2 and iPadOS 14.3 RC2
The second Release candidate is rolling out for developers and other beta testers. If you are on the first release candidate then you can directly update from the Software Update section under Settings. Also, you can install the iOS 14.2 RC2 using the IPSW file and iTunes/Finder on your computer.
It is a stable build for testers and the same build will release to the public next week. And so if you also want to gran iOS 14.3 before next week. Then you can install the beta profile on your device (Check guide here). It will also allow installing upcoming beta updates. You can also remove the beta profile at any point when you want.