Apple released the iOS 14.3 and iPadOS 14.3 Release Candidate for developers and beta testers. Release Candidate is the new name for the Golden Master or GM build. It is the same beta build for beta testers that release before the final release to the Public. Here you will know what’s new in the iOS 14.3 RC and iPadOS RC.
We all were expecting both iOS 14.3 RC and iPadOS 14.3 RC updates this week. Apple will release it to the public before the Christmas holidays. It means all the users will be able to experience iOS 14.3 by next week. The update is rolling out after three successful beta updates.
Along with iOS 14.3 RC and iPadOS 14.3 RC, Apple has also released tvOS 14.3 RC and watchOS 7.2 RC. Both iOS 14.3 RC and iPadOS 14.3 RC updates come with build number 18C65. It is a big update that comes with many new features. The update changelog is also big and you can check in the next section.
iOS 14.3 RC – Changelog
- A new fitness experience powered by Apple Watch with studio-style workouts available on your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV (Apple Watch Series 3 and later)
- New Fitness app on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV to browse Fitness+ workouts, trainers, and personalized recommendations
- Video workouts added each week in ten popular workout types: High Intensity Interval Training, Indoor Cycling, Yoga, Core, Strength, Dance, Rowing, Treadmill Walking, Treadmill Running, and Mindful Cooldown
- Playlists curated by Fitness+ trainers to complement your workout
- Fitness+ subscription available in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and United States
- Support for AirPods Max, new over-ear headphones
- High fidelity audio for rich sound
- Adaptive EQ adapts sound in real time to the personal fit of ear cushions
- Active Noise Cancellation to block out environmental noise
- Transparency mode to hear the environment around you
- Spatial audio with dynamic head tracking for a theater-like listening experience
- Apple ProRAW photos can be captured on iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Apple ProRAW photos can be edited in the Photos app
- Option to record video at 25 fps
- Mirror the front facing camera for still photos on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X
- New privacy information section on App Store pages that includes a developer-reported summary of the appâs privacy practices
- An all-new Apple TV+ tab makes it easy to discover and watch Apple Original shows and movies
- Enhanced search so you can browse by category such as genre, and see recent searches and suggestions as you type
- Top search results shown with the most relevant matches across movies, TV shows, cast, channels, and sports
- Support for launching App Clips by scanning Apple-designed App Clip Codes via Camera or from Control Center
- Ability to indicate pregnancy, lactation, or contraceptive use in Cycle Tracking in the Health app in order to better manage period and fertile window predictions
- Air quality data is now available in Weather, Maps, and Siri for locations in China mainland
- Air quality health recommendations are provided in Weather and Siri for the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, India, and Mexico at certain air quality levels
- Air quality data in Weather, Maps, and Siri reflects updated national scales for Germany and Mexico
- Ecosia search engine option in Safari
- Some MMS messages may not be received
- Contact groups failed to display members when composing a message
- Some videos would not appear correctly when shared from the Photos app
- App folders may fail to open
- Spotlight search results, and opening apps from Spotlight may not work
- Bluetooth could be unavailable in Settings
- MagSafe Duo Charger could wirelessly charge your iPhone at less than the maximum power
- Wireless accessories and peripherals using the WAC protocol could fail to complete setup
- The keyboard would dismiss when adding a list in Reminders while using VoiceOver
Download iOS 14.3 RC and iPadOS 14.3 RC
The updates are available for both developers and public beta testers. You will be receiving the OTA update already if you have installed the beta profile on your iPhone or iPad. You can also install the updates using iTunes or Finder.
In case you are on the stable build but want to install the latest iOS 14.3 RC or iPadOS 14.3 RC. Then you need to install the beta profile on your iPhone or iPad. You can follow the below guide to install the beta profile for the latest update.
Install iOS 14.3 Beta Profile and iPadOS 14.3 Beta Profile
- Go to the Apple Beta Software program site.
- Then scroll down a bit and click on Sign in if you have Apple ID.
- On the next page, select the correct OS for your devices like iOS 14 or iPadOS 14.
- Scroll down till Getting Started and click on Enroll your iOS device.
- Now you need to install a profile from the next Page. For this, click on the Download Profile.
- After installing the Profile, reboot your device. And now you are ready to install iOS 14.3 RC on your iPhone.
After installing the beta profile, you can go to Settings > Software Update to install the latest update on your iPhone or iPad.