Two months ago, Apple began testing watchOS 9.6 on the Apple Watch. Since then, the company has released four beta builds of the operating system, and today marks the release of the fifth beta. Just like the previous releases, today’s build further enhances the user experience on the watch. Read along to know more details about the watchOS 9.6 beta 5.
Apple kicks off the new beta build with the 20U5570a software version number. As it is an incremental beta, the size of the update will be similar to the fourth beta. So, yes, it requires a small amount of data for downloading. You can freely install the new beta on your Apple Watch Series 4 and newer models, all you need to do is pick developer beta in the beta updates settings.
For changes, there’s no information shared about the features and changes in the release notes of the beta update. But you can expect a few enhancements with this update. Apple has already teased a milestone upgrade – watchOS 10, coming to Apple Watches later this fall, so we can’t expect much from the watchOS 9.6 beta.
watchOS 9.6 fifth developer beta
If your iPhone is running on the latest iOS 16.6 fifth beta, then you can easily update your Apple Watch to the new watchOS 9.6 beta, all you need to do is, install the beta profile on your device and then update it over the air. Here’s how you can update your watch to the beta.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap General > Software Update.
- Select Beta Updates and enable watchOS 9 Developer Beta option.
- Go back and download the beta of watchOS 9.6.
- That’s it.
Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged at least 50% and connected to a WiFi network. After installing the beta profile, open the Apple Watch app on your phone, head over to General > Software Update > Download and Install, then install the new software.
Now the watchOS 9.6 beta 5 update will download and transfer to your Apple Watch. And after the completion of the installation process, your watch will restart. Once all done, you can start using your Apple Watch.
If you’ve any query, let us know in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
- How to Download watchOS 10 Dev Beta on your Apple Watch
- How to watch YouTube videos on Apple Watch
- How to turn off Apple TV and Apple Watch Keyboard Notification
- How to Mirror Apple Watch to iPhone on iOS 16
- How to batch edit photos on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to Change Notifications Layout on Lock Screen [iOS 16]
- How to use Safety Check on iPhone [iOS 16]