Apple Watch offers a slew of useful health-tracking features and the ability to listen to music, make phone calls, send SMS, and watch YouTube videos with third-party apps. Yes, all these features are now available on your wrist all thanks to the Apple Watch. Apple optimized all useful features for the small-screen Apple Watch. With iOS 16 and watchOS 9, Apple brings a new option by which Apple Watch owners can mirror the small screen of their watch to the iPhone. Here’s how you can use this feature.
Although, Apple recently released the Watch Ultra with a 49mm casing, which is the biggest watch in the lineup, but still, it is a small screen for some users. Whether you want to check your health and fitness data on a big screen or want to test your app as a developer. You can do all these things right from your iPhone’s home screen using the new accessibility screen mirroring tool.
The new accessibility tool allows you to use the Apple Watch’s digital crown and the side button while mirroring. Yes, all these features right on your iPhone’s display. So, let’s take a look at the new Apple Watch Mirroring tool.
Apple Watch Mirroring Tool Supported Devices
Apple introduced the new accessibility tool with iOS 16 and watchOS 9. Yes, if your iPhone is running on the latest version of iOS – iOS 16 or later and Apple Watch on watchOS 9 or newer, then you can take advantage of this useful feature. Here are the list of eligible iPhones and Apple Watches that support the Apple Watch Mirroring Tool.
Supported Apple Watches:
- Apple Watch SE (1st and 2nd Gen)
- Apple Watch Series 4
- Apple Watch Series 5
- Apple Watch Series 6
- Apple Watch Series 7
- Apple Watch Series 8
- Apple Watch Ultra
- iPhone 8 / 8 Plus
- iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd Gen)
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS / XS Max
- iPhone 11 series
- iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro Series
- iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro Series
- iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro Series
Other than these basic requirements, make sure that your iPhone and Watch are connected to the same WiFi network. The last thing to note is, the same Apple ID is required on both devices.
Now let’s take a look at the steps on how you can mirror Apple Watch to iPhone.
How to use Apple Watch Mirroring on iPhone
If your iPhone and Apple Watch are running on the latest software version, you can use the new Apple Watch Mirroring accessibility tool. Here’s how you can enable the new Apple Watch Mirroring on your iPhone and mirror your watch’s screen.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select Accessibility settings.
- Tap the Apple Watch Mirroring option.
- Turn the toggle on for Apple Watch Mirroring, once done you will see your watch’s screen on your iPhone, thanks to the Apple AirPlay Mirroring.
- That’s it.
Now you can tap on the Digital Crown button icon showing on the iPhone’s screen or use the watch with touch controls. And the same goes for the side button. Yes, you can do anything you want while mirroring the watch.
As an example, if you want to go to the Activity app, simply tap on the Digital Crown icon, then select Activity, it will display all stats on your iPhone’s screen, and you can explore more by swiping to the right. That’s it.
Still want to know more about Apple Watch Mirroring? Then, leave a comment in the comment box.
- How to Prevent End Call with Power Button on any iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to unsend and edit messages on iOS 16
- How to Activate an eSIM on iPhone 14 and 14 Pro in the US
- How to Lock Hidden Albums on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to Change Notifications Layout on Lock Screen [iOS 16]
- How to Merge and Delete Duplicate Photos on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to batch edit photos on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to Show Battery Percentage on iPhone [iOS 16]