Samsung Galaxy A8 Star (aka Galaxy A9 Star) now starts getting One UI 2.0 stable update with Android 10. The device was launched in 2018 with Android Oreo 8.0, last year, It got the One UI 1.0 based Android Pie 9.0. Now receives Samsung’s newest custom skin, dubbed as One UI 2.0. The newer build brings the latest monthly security patch, a bunch of new features, along with improvements to the system. Here you can Download Samsung Galaxy A8 Star Android 10 Update [One UI 2.0 Stable Firmware].
After successfully pushing the Android 10 update for the Galaxy A20. Samsung pushes it on the Galaxy A8 Star. The OTA (over-the-air) update is live in China (and Hong Kong) for model number SM-G8850. But you can also download the firmware and manually update your smartphone to the latest build. The update brings a cluster of changes to your device, once updated to One UI 2.0.
Talking about the changes and features, then Android 10 update for Galaxy A8 Star comes with a built-in screen recorder, better dark mode (previously known as Night Mode), new full-screen navigation gestures, enhanced one-handed mode, digital wellbeing, improved privacy & location controls, and more. The newer software build knocks up your smartphone with G8850ZCU4CTD8 and has 1.5GB size for downloading. Here you can check the complete changelog.
Android 10 Update for Samsung Galaxy A8 Star (A9 Star) – Changelog
- Night mode name changed to Dark mode.
- Enhanced image, text, and color adjustments for day and night environments.
- Darkened wallpapers, widgets, and alarms while Dark mode is on.
Icons and Colors
- Clearer app icons and system colors.
- Improved layouts for titles and buttons to eliminate wasted screen space.
Full Screen Gestures
- Added new navigation gestures.
- Navigate more comfortably on large screens with minimal finger movement.
- Easily focus on what matters with clearly highlighted buttons.
- New ways to access One-handed mode: double tap the Home button or swipe down in the center of the bottom of the screen.
- Settings moved to Settings > Advanced features > One-handed mode.
- High contrast keyboards and layouts for large text have been improved.
- Listen to live speech and display it as text.
Better text over wallpapers
- See text more clearly against wallpaper, as One UI automatically adjusts font colors based on light and dark areas and color contrast in the image below.
Media and Devices
- Replaced the SmartThings panel with the Media and Devices.
- Media: Control music and videos playing on your phone as well as other devices.
- Devices: Check and control your SmartThings devices directly from the quick panel.
- Added options for showing the fingerprint icon when the screen is off. You can choose to show it whenever you tap or keep it visible when the Always On Display is shown.
- The battery usage graph now provides more detailed information.
- Added battery limit setting and other enhancements for Wireless PowerShare.
- Set goals to keep your phone usage in check.
- Use Focus mode to help avoid distractions from your phone.
- Keep an eye on your kids with new parental controls.
- Added the ability to edit the modes that appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Provided a More tab so you can quickly access hidden modes from the preview screen.
- Improved the layout so you can focus on taking pictures without the settings getting in the way.
- Customize the quick menu to get instant access to the features you use the most.
- Get more information from the app bar.
- Install add-ons from the Galaxy Store to get even more features.
- Added Trash feature for Contacts. Contacts that you delete will stay in the trash for 15 days before being deleted forever.
- Stickers can be added to a date without creating an event.
- Ringtones can be used for event alerts.
- More options are available for repeating reminders.
- Set location-based reminders for a specific period of time.
- Share reminders with your family group and other sharing groups.
- Set reminders for a specific date without an alert.
- Created a Trash feature so you can restore files if you delete something by mistake.
- Added more filters you can use while searching to help you find things quickly.
- You can now copy or move multiple files and folders to different destinations at the same time.
- Added speed and time units to the unit converter.
Download Samsung Galaxy A8 Star Android 10 Update [Stable Firmware]
Samsung Galaxy A8 Star or Samsung Galaxy A9 Star users can now update their phones to the One UI 2.0 based Android 10. This update is a staged rollout, may take some to hit every unit. If you’re waiting for this update for a long time, then here’s good news for you. Now you can download the firmware and manually upgrade your smartphone to the latest update. You can download the firmware from the Samsung server using SamFirm tool, Frija, or from any third-party websites. Below we list the firmware link and step by step procedure by which you can update your Galaxy A8 Star to Android 10. Here’s the download link.
- Download Android 10 Update for Samsung Galaxy A8 Star [Stable] (G8850ZCU4CTD8)
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 30%.
- Download Android 10 Firmware for Galaxy A8 Star (Specific region or global region recommended) using SamFirm or Frija Tool.
- Download Odin tool on your computer.
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on your pc.
- Take a full backup of your data, in case of failures you may lose your data.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy A8 Star (A9 Star) to Android 10
- Open the Odin Flash Tool on your file.
- Extract the download firmware folder and there you will find 5 files AP, BL, CP, CSC, HOME_CSC.
- Turn off your phone. Then long press Volume Up + Volume Down together and when holding both buttons, connect the phone to pc via USB cable.
- Release both buttons when you see the Warning screen. Then press Volume Up button once to boot into Download Mode.
- When the device is in Download Mode the Odin tool will detect the device and show blue color near ID: COM.
- Now click on the AP button and load AP file from the extracted folder. Also load BL, CP and CSC file. And in the User Data tab load the Home_CSC file. If you are using Firmware from a different region then don’t select the file in User Data. It will delete all data and install the latest version.
- After loading all required files click on the Start button and it will start flashing the Firmware.
- After flashing, the tool will show the ‘Pass’ message and the phone will auto reboot.
After reboot, you get to use the latest Android 10 features and OneUI 2.0 features. You can follow the same process to install any other update if you want to install it before it reaches on your phone.
You May Also Like – Best Samsung Themes for Galaxy Phones
If you’ve any queries then, you can leave it in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends on social media.
More Related Articles: