Even though Windows 11 has been out for nearly two years, Microsoft continues to add new features to it. Today, Microsoft announces another Windows 11 Insider Preview Build to the developer channel with new features. The latest incremental upgrade is seeding with a 25284 version number.
Microsoft pushes the new Windows 11 Insider Preview with a new Facebook Messenger widget on the widgets board. This incremental upgrade is not available for Arm64 devices due to a known issue.
The new update is available for Windows 11 users who opted developer channel in Windows Insider Preview Program. The update lands on the eligible PCs with Windows 11 Insider Preview 25284 (ni_release) build number.
As always, Microsoft addresses a small set of issues faced by users on their PCs. The list of fixes includes explorer.exe crash issue related to the search box in the taskbar, swiping issues on some touch compatible PCs, apps crashing or hang issues when saving PDF, cast option not showing in recent builds, and more. Here’s the complete list of fixes coming with the new Windows 11 update.
- Taskbar & System Tray
- Fixed an issue where right clicking on certain icons in the hidden icons flyout would make the flyout dismiss rather than bringing up the context menu for that icon.
- Search on the Taskbar
- Fixed an explorer.exe crash which was impacting some Insiders, related to the search box in the taskbar.
- When search suggestions are triggered while using the Pinyin IME, keyboard focus will now stay on the current candidate. To move focus to the search suggestions, press Tab.
- Fixed an issue for PCs with touch, where when using certain apps in full screen mode it wasn’t possible to swipe down from the top of the screen to make the title bar appear.
- Fixed an issue which was causing certain apps to hang or crash when saving files as PDF in the last few builds.
- Fixed an issue where using the cast option in an app may unexpectedly not show any devices in recent builds.
If you’ve joined the dev channel on Insider Preview Program and running on Windows 11, then you’ll receive the beta preview build. You can simply head over to Settings > Windows Update > click on Check for Updates. And from there you can simply install the update on your PC.
- How to Restore Old Search Button on Windows 11 22H2
- How to Enable Full Screen Widgets Panel in Windows 11 Build 25201
- How to enable new Spotlight UI on Desktop in Windows 11 build 25197
- Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop
- How to Enable Secure Boot on Windows 11
- 33 Essential Windows 11 Tips and Tricks to Master Windows OS