Microsoft is always coming out with new features to make Windows 11 more appealing to users who are still running older versions of Windows. You can see a lot of these new features being tested out in the Dev channel users in the Windows Insider program. One of the newer features in Windows 11 is the new Widgets panel.
Microsoft now adds a new option to Windows 11 by which users can expand the widgets panel to full screen. The feature comes out with the Windows 11 insider preview 25201 build. Now, when you invoke the Widgets panel by pressing the Windows and W keys, you see that the Widgets panel covers the left side of your screen. While it looks good that way, there simply is no option to enable a full-screen view for the Widgets panel. In this guide, we will be showing you how you can enable the full-screen Widgets Panel on your Windows 11 PC.
Before we dive into how you can enable the full-screen Widgets Panel on your Windows 11 PC, here are some prerequisites that you need to keep in mind.
- Windows 11 25201 build on Dev Channel
- ViVe Tools from GitHub
- A backup copy of all your important data stored elsewhere.
How to Enable Expanded Widgets Panel on Windows 11
Microsoft recently released the Windows 11 insider preview build 25201 upgrade with the expanded widget panel, if you want to try out the new feature on your Windows 11 PC, then you can follow these steps to enable it on your system.
- Ensure that you are running Windows 11 25201 build on the Dev Channel.
- Now, head here to download the ViVe Tool from GitHub.
- Extract the downloaded folder and place it in the C drive of your system.
- Launch the Start Menu and type in Command Prompt.
- Make sure to run Command Prompt as an Administrator.
- Now, type in CD C:\ViVe Tools to let Command prompt browse through the particular directory.
- With that done, enter the command vivetool /enable /id:34300186
- Now, restart your Windows 11 PC and then launch the Widgets Panel by pressing the Windows and W keys.
- You will see the Widgets Panel and the full-screen icon at the top right corner of the panel. Clicking on it will expand the Widgets Panel to the full screen.
This is how you can enable the full-screen Widgets Panel on your windows 11 Pc. However, one needs to note that this feature works perfectly on build 25201. On newer builds of Windows 11, this full-screen Widgets Panel may or may not work as expected. Since these are features that are being tested, you might be able to see the final feature roll out to all users via updates in the following months.
If you have any queries, you can leave a comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.