Yesterday, Microsoft announced Windows 11’s first biggest update. Yes, Windows 11 is now getting all the new features that have been spoken about by the users of the Windows Insider program for Windows 11. The update is said to be rolling out to all users in over 190+ countries. With that being said, the updates are being rolled out in waves. So, just because you haven’t received the update notification on your PC doesn’t mean the update isn’t for you (provided your PC is compatible with Windows 11).
We all know the new features that came with Windows 11. While all of those features are great, Microsoft has added even more new features to make the user experience much better. Now, let’s take a look at the cool new features that are available in the all-new Windows 11 22H2 update.
Every New Feature in Windows 11 22H2 Update
Here is a list of everything new in the windows 11 22H2 Update.
- Live Captions: users who have difficulty in hearing, can now enable Live Captions. These captions are available system-wide. Whether you are using a media player or listening to audio from any website.
- Voice Access: This feature lets you control your Windows 11 PC by using your voice.
- Narrator: Earlier versions of Windows had a voice narrator who would read out everything you clicked on the screen. With this new update, the voice of the narrator will sound more natural, closer to a real human being.
- Active Protection: Users who have a Microsoft 365 subscription will now be able to use the Microsoft Defender app on their Android, iOS, and Mac devices.
- Enhanced Snap Layouts: You can now easily move and adjust multiple windows to each part of your screen. All of it with one single click.
- Focus Sessions: Now, stay free from any distractions while working on your PC. YOu will no longer get any notifications interrupting your work, have Do Not Disturb mode enabled, and also get reminders as to when you need to take a break.
- Windows Studio Camera: The studio camera now allows you to add a standard or portrait blur to your video calls,
- Windows Studio Audio Effects: New AI – Voice Focus filter to silence any sort of background noise during video calls.
- Automatic Camera Framing: The camera will now keep you in focus as and when you move around during a video call.
- Windows Clipchamp: Windows Clipchamp is a video editor that is built right into Windows 11. You can do different kinds of edits to your videos and easily share them on whatever platform you want.
- Amazon Android App Store: The Micorosft Store now has the Amazon App Store which has a collection of over 20,000 Android apps that you can install right onto your Windows 11 PC.
- Windows SmartScreen: Windows will now warn you when you might be entering your Micorosft credentials into a website that has been compromised, hacked, or is a fraudulent one.
- Smart App Control: Smart App Control will now easily block away any kind of untrusted applications and malicious script files from running on your Windows 11 PC. It will work on PCs that have a clean Windows 11 installation.
- Improved File Explorer: Open multiple instances of the File Explorer in a single window via Tabs. Easily pin and access files shared to you via Micorosft One Drive (works with Microsoft 365 accounts only).
- New Photos App: Easily edit your photos with new editing tools, browse through all your images with the new gallery and organize photos to create memories.
- Suggested Actions: Now, when you copy a phone number or a future date, Windows will now suggest if you would like to place a call via Skype and save the copied date to your calendar.
- Taskbar Overflow: The taskbar will offer an entry point to an overflow menu that allows you to view all your overflowed apps in one space.
- Share to more devices: Discover and share to more devices including desktops using nearby share.
New Gaming Features in Windows 11 22H2
- New Controller Bar: Quickly launch your games on Windows 11 by pressing the Xbox button to bring the new Xbox Game Bar.
- Windows Gaming Improvements: DirectX 10 and 11 games will have improved display latency, Auto HDR, and Variable Refresh Rate options.
- HDR Calliberation App: Easily improve the color accuracy of games on HDR-supported displays
- Additional Gaming Ehnachncements: Support for DirectX 12 ultimate and DirectStorage for Games on Windows 11.
- Gaming Homepage on Micorosft Edge: Microsoft Edge now has a dedicated gaming section where you can the latest updates and stories on your favorite games. Also, get access to the free arcade and casual games.
Security and Update Features for Windows 11 22H2
- Security Features Enabled by Default: Systems with Intel’s 8th CPUs now have virtualization-based security and Hypervison Protected Code Integrity is now enabled by default.
- Smaller and Faster Updates: Newer updates for Windows 11 starting with Windows 11 22H2 update, the sizes have been reduced to around 450MB.
- Language Support: Windows 11 is now localized to around 110 languages.
Recommended Windows 11 22H2 Laptops
Running on a system that doesn’t support Windows 11 and looking for new systems that come with Windows 11? Microsoft has suggested a list of laptops with Windows 11 that you can buy right away.
- Acer Travelmate Spin P6: $1499
- ASUS ExpertBook B8: $1600
- Dell Latitude 7330: $1749
- HD Dragonfly Folio G3: $2379
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold: $2499
- Razer Blade 14: $1999
- Samsung Galaxy Book Go 5G: $609
- Surface laptop Studio: $1599
These are all the new features that Windows 11 users can expect to see when they update to Windows 11 22H2. Still on windows 10 and looking for ways to upgrade your compatible PC to Windows 11 22H2? You can follow this guide.
- How to upgrade to the Windows 11 2022 update (build 22H2)
- 10 Best Screen Recording Apps for Windows 11
- Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22622.601 addresses more issues
- Windows 11 2022 update (22H2) rolls out with bunch of new features