With the one-year anniversary of Windows 11 coming near, Microsoft has finally made the most awaited Windows 11 update – Windows 11 2022 (22H2 version) available to everyone. It has been in the testing phase for Windows 11 insiders in the Dev and Beta channels for a long time. But now, the general public can finally get their hands on this brand new Windows 11 2022 update, which is filled with a ton of features that improve your experience with Windows 11. Here’s how to upgrade to the Windows 11 2H22 update.
You might have heard about the 22H2 update as well as its features. We’ve covered a number of how to guides that show you how you could enable those features on your Windows 11 PC. Now the update is rolling out to everyone who has Windows 11 PC or a Windows 10 PC that is compatible with Windows 11. With that being said, here is our guide on how you can get the Windows 11 2022 update on your Windows PC.
How to upgrade to Windows 11 22H2
All Windows PC that is eligible for Windows 11 can be updated to the 22H2 version. There are some users who did not install Windows 11 right away due to bugs and a lack of features using Windows 10. So even if your PC is running on Windows 10 but is compatible with Windows 11 then you can easily upgrade.
Updating from Windows 11 21H2
This method is for those who updated to Windows 11 when it was released last year. Also works for those who didn’t join the Windows Insiders program. In order to get the new Windows 11 22H2 update, users need to be running the Windows 11 21H2 update. If you are running the latest update, here are the steps to get the 2022 major update.
- Connect your Windows 11 PC to a good WiFi network.
- Now, click on the Start button (Windows icon) on the Taskbar to launch the Start Menu.
- Click on the Settings app icon to launch the Settings app.
- At the top right corner, you will see the Windows Update option. Click on it.
- Click on the button that says Check for Updates.
- Windows 11 will begin to check for available updates and download them.
- Depending on the internet speed, it can take some time to download and have the update installed.
Update to Windows 11 22H2 from Windows 10
If you are still using windows 10 and you have finally made up your mind to install the Windows 11 22H2 update on your PC, there are three ways that you can follow to install the update on your Windows 10 PC
Update via Windows Update
First off, not every Windows 10 PC is eligible for the update to Windows 11. So, in this case, it is advisable that you first download the PC Health Check tool. This is a free tool that checks whether your Windows 10 PC is eligible to update to the new Windows 11 22H2 update. It checks your system whether it’s got sufficient RAM, storage, TPM Module, and even your CPU. You can download the free health check-up tool from here.
Once you have installed the Health Check app on your PC, you must now run it to see if your Windows 10 PC is compatible with the update. If it shows that your PC is compatible with the update, you can do the following.
- Click on the Windows icon button on the Taskbar to open the Start Menu.
- Open the Settings app and then select Updates and Security.
- You will see a Windows 11 Update banner. This means that your PC is eligible for the update and to install the update simply click on the Check for Updates button.
- The PC will now download the latest Windows 11 22H2 update.
Update via Windows 11 Installation Assistant
Another way to get the new Windows 11 22H2 update on your Windows 10 PC is by making use of the installation assistant. This is an update tool created by Microsoft for your Windows PC. This tool helps you to install the latest available update to Windows 11. In this case, you will be getting the Windows 11 22H2 update. Here are the steps to get the Windows 11 Installation Assistant.
- On your favorite web browser, head over to the Windows 11 Download page. You can click this link to visit the page right away.
- You will see the Windows 11 Installation Assistant header. Below it, a blue button that says Download Now will be shown.
- Click on the Download Now button to download the Installation Assistant.
- Once the Installation Assistant has been downloaded, simply run the program.
- The installation assistant will begin to check for any updates available.
- When it finds the Windows 11 22H2 update, simply click on the download button.
- The Installation Assistant will now download the update to your PC.
- The download speeds will depend on how fast your internet connection is.
- Once the update has been downloaded, you will be able to install the new Windows 11 22H2 update to your Windows 10 PC right away.
- You can also follow this method on your Windows 11 PC to directly get the Windows 11 22H2 update right away.
Join Windows Insider Program
If your system doesn’t seem to be showing you the update to Windows 11 22H2 on your device, you can simply enroll in the Windows Insider Program to receive the update to Windows 11. Here are the steps.
- You first need to be signed in with a Microsoft Account. If you don’t have one, you need to create one and then sign into your PC with the account.
- Once you have the Micorosft Account ready, launch the Settings app.
- Now, click on Updates and Security and finally in Windows Insider Program.
- Click on the Get Started button.
- You will be asked to choose the Microsoft Account that you wish to enroll in the insider program with.
- Now, choose the Release Preview Channel. You will have to follow the instructions on the screen.
- Once all of that has been completed, you now have to restart your Windows 10 PC.
- Open the Settings app, followed by Updates and Security, and finally click on the Check for Updates button.
- Your PC will now begin to download the Windows 11 22H2 update on your Windows 10 PC.
These are the ways you can follow to install and update your Windows 10 and Windows 11 Pcs with the new Windows 11 22H2 update. There are some features that will come in the October update and some of the 22H2 features require clean installation. If you have any questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.