If you are someone that has recently cut the cord or maybe planning to cut the cord, you might be wondering, are there a lot of streaming services available and cheaper than the traditional cable TV network? The answer to both of those questions is yes. The AT&T TV app (now known as DirecTV Stream) is available on almost every platform. And, if you are someone that has a Samsung smart TV and were wondering if your TV would be able to install the AT&T TV app, well here is a guide that will show you how to watch the AT&T TV App on your Samsung Smart TV.
The AT&T TV app has four different plans that you can choose from. The plans range between $69.99 and $149.99 a month plus taxes. The streaming service lets you watch movies, TV shows, Live TV, sports, news, and everything else. The best part about availing of such services is that you can stream your content anywhere. From the TV in your living room to your mobile phone while on public transport, you can watch all of your favorite content. As a Samsung Smart TV owner, you would want to know if the app is available for your TV and if you want to stream it on your big screen.
Watch AT&T TV on Samsung Smart TV
Before we begin, you need to know that now all Samsung Smart TVs might support the AT&T TV app. Whether you have a supported TV or not, you can follow the methods mentioned below.
Download DirecTV Stream app on Samsung Smart TVs
- Switch your Samsung Smart TV on and connect it to the internet.
- You can use a wired or wireless connection.
- Now, grab the TV remote and navigate to the Apps tab on the home screen.
- Navigate to the search bar at the corner of the Store.
- Simply type in DirecTV Stream in the search bar and select search.
- The search results will now be displayed.
- Navigate and select the DirecTV Stream app.
- Now, all you need to do is download the app to your Samsung Smart TV.
- Once the app has been downloaded, you simply need to go back to your home screen and launch the DirecTV Stream app.
- It will ask you to sign up or sign in.
- Once you have done all of it, you are now ready to stream your favorite shows and live TV.
- However, if you couldn’t find the app on your Samsung smart TV, you can follow the set of instructions mentioned below.
Stream AT&T TV App on Unsupported Samsung Smart TV
Now, if you have one of the older Samsung Smart TVs, particularly if they are ones launched before 2015, chances are you might not find the app. There, however, is a way to still get AT&T TV on the big screen.
- First, download the DirecTV Stream app to your Android or iOS device. The app is free to download.
- Next, make sure to sign in with your login details and ensure that you have an active subscription plan for the service.
- Now, connect your Android or iOS device as well as your Samsung Smart TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your mobile device, launch the app and also select a show that you would like to watch.
- Once you have done that, tap on the Cast icon.
- Your mobile device will now look for wireless displays that it can cast to.
- Select your Samsung Smart TV from the list when you find it.
- Once connected, you will be able to stream the content on your Samsung Smart TV.
Cast from Windows PC
If you feel that using your mobile device to cast the app to your TV is not sensible, then the best way to cast to your TV is by using your Windows PC. Follow these steps to know how.
- Connect your computer and your Samsung Smart TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your Computer, Launch the Google Chrome browser. If you do not have it you can download it for free.
- Head over to the DirecTV Stream website and sign in with your login details.
- Once signed in, simply navigate your mouse to the three dots in the top right corner of the browser.
- Select the Cast option from the menu.
- The web browser will now look for wireless displays that are connected to the network.
- Simply select your Samsung Smart TV from the list and enjoy your content on the big screen right away.
Connect a Streaming Stick
You can make use of any streaming such as the Amazon Fire TV Stick or the Roku Streaming Stick. Simply plug the device into your TV’s HDMI port and ensure that the streaming stick is connected to an external power source. Once you have done all the basic settings, simply download and install the DirecTV Stream app. In this way, you can watch the AT&T TV app on your Samsung Smart TV.
These are the ways that you can follow to stream AT&T TV app on your Samsung Smart TV. If you are someone new to making use of streaming apps for your Smart TV, which of the methods above work the best for you? Tell us in the comments below.