In this article, you can check how to install or use Google Chromecast on Samsung Smart TV.
Samsung surely has a wide range of Smart TVs that are available at various price points. These TVs are known to have an outstanding display and have good connectivity features including their own voice assistant Bixby.
You can connect your Samsung Smart TVs to a range of Bluetooth devices, use them as a presentation screen and also stream all your favorite content. The only drawback here would be the TV’s OS. These TVs run on their in-house Tizen OS. Meaning that it misses out on android and other Google apps. There is, however, a way for you to use Google services as well as Chromecast on such TVs. Read on to know how to use Chromecast on Samsung TV.
What does one enjoy if they have Chromecast on their Smart TVs? Well, you can access all of Google’s services, use Google Assistant, screen mirror your mobile or PC to the TV as well as play games on Google’s cloud gaming service Stadia. Plus, you can even use the Android TV remote and control it right away from your mobile drive itself. It surely is a letdown that Samsung Smart TVs do not come with the in-built Google Chromecast feature. Just because it isn’t available, doesn’t mean you cannot make use of it. This guide will show how you can use Google Chromecast on a Samsung Smart TV.
How to use Chromecast on Samsung Smart TVs
- Google Chromecast device
- Wi-Fi Network
- Nearby power outlet for Chromecast
Connect Chromecast to Samsung Smart TV
- Get yourself a Google Chromecast device. This is available on Google’s official store online.
- The device is available on sale right now for $19.99 and has free shipping on it.
- Once you have the device, connect it to one of your HDMI ports on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Make sure the other end is plugged into an electric outlet.
- Now, power up your Samsung Smart TV and change the HDMI input source to the one where the Chromecast is connected to.
- Ensure that your Android or iOS device is connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the Google Home app. Free on Android and iOS.
- Tap on the Get Started button that is at the bottom right of the screen.
- Choose the Google account that you would like to set up with.
- On the next screen, select Create another Home.
- You can enter a nickname as well as an address for the Home.
- The app will now begin to search for devices. It will also ask you what kind of device you are planning to set up.
- Choose Chromecast from the list. The app will begin to look available and plugged in Chromecast devices.
- Once it finds the device, it will display a code on the app. This will also be the same code that will be displayed on your Smart TV, then tap on Yes.
- Now the app will ask you about the location of your TV, set enter it, then ask you to save Wi-Fi password.
- That’s it.
Before starting using you can set up Google Assistant if you want and choose services for better recommendations.
Once your Chromecast has been set up, you can now begin to enter the wonderful world of Google Apps and services that are available in plentiful for you to enjoy. A Wi-Fi network and a few apps with paid or free subscriptions should be just about right for anyone who wishes to have Google stuff on their Samsung Smart TV.
And this is how you can make use of Google Chromecast on your Samsung Smart TV. Sure, it requires you to buy the device and all but is a better solution if you enjoy Samsung’s displays and features paired along with Chromecast. If you have any doubts or questions about the Chromecast, feel free to leave them in the comments below.
Samsung TV Guides: