Looking for a tool to flash Stock firmware on your Sony mobile phone? If yes then you need a Sony Flash Tool aka Sony Mobile Flasher which lets you flash Sony Firmware. Here you can download Sony Flash tool also known as Sony Mobile Flasher.
Sony is one of the great phone maker companies and has delivered one of the successful phone series called Xperia. And if you own any Xperia device then you need to have Sony Mobile Flasher or Sony Flash Tool. The tool comes into use when you want to fix bricked Sony phones, update Sony phones, root Sony phones, and much more.
What is Sony Flash Tool?
Sony Flash Tool aka Sony Mobile Flasher is a flash tool for Sony Xperia phones and used to flash stock firmware. It is a great application available for Windows, Mac, and Linux platform. Along with Stock firmware, the Sony Flash Tool also allows flashing recovery, SuperSU to Root Sony phones. If you have bricked your Sony Xperia phone or tablet then you can also fix your phone by flashing stock firmware using Sony Mobile Flasher to unbrick the Xperia phone.
Sony Flash Tool – Features
- Flash Stock Firmware: The Sony Flash Tool allows users to flash Stock firmware on Sony Xperia Smartphones and Tablets running on Android OS. Flashing stock firmware is so easy with this tool, just load the firmware and start flashing.
- Root Sony Xperia Phones: The flash tool lets users root their Sony Xperia smartphones and Tablets. Rooting Sony Smartphone is very easy with Sony Mobile Flasher/Sony Flash Tool, Turn on USB debugging on your phone then connect to pc and flash SuperSU zip file.
- Customize Sony Xperia Phones: It allows users to customize Sony Xperia Smartphones and tablets by installing Apps found in the custom/apps folder of the flash tool.
- Connectivity Status: The tool provides an option to check whether the device is connected or not. To check the connection, go to Devices > Check Drivers and it will show the connected ADB & Fastboot devices.
- Install Recovery, Custom Kernels, and BusyBox: Sony Mobile Flasher allows users to flash Recovery, Custom Kernels, and Busybox on Sony Xperia Smartphones and Tablets just like flashing firmware.
- Unlock Bootloader: The tool offers another important feature called “Unlock Bootloader”. It unlocks the bootloader of Sony Xperia Smartphones and Tablets.
- Download Stock Firmware: To flash stock firmware you need Firmware file for your Xperia device. And this flash tool also provides an option to download the latest Stock Firmware for various Xperia devices.
Download Sony Flash Tool (Sony Mobile Flasher)
- Sony flashtool-0.9.25.0-windows.rar (Latest)
- Sony flashtool-0.9.23.1-windows.rar
- Sony flashtool-0.9.19.8-windows.rar
- Sony flashtool-0.9.19.3-windows.rar
- Sony flashtool-0.9.19.1-windows.rar
- Sony flashtool-0.9.19.0-windows.rar
- Sony flashtool-0.9.18.6-windows.rar
How to Install Sony Mobile Flasher
- Download the appropriate version of Sony Mobile Flasher.
- Extract the downloaded Sony Mobile Flasher file using Winzip/WinRAR/7zip.
- Open the extracted folder and run the Flashtool-0.9.xx.x-windows.exe file.
- Installation page will pop up, click on Next > Next > Install.
- The installation will begin, it can take about a minute and after installation click Next.
- At last, click on Finish and use Sony Mobile Flasher on your PC.
How to Use Sony Flash Tool or Sony Mobile Flasher
- Download the latest Sony Mobile Flasher and Install it on your PC using the above method.
- Install Flashtool-drivers on your PC (Go to C:\Flashtool\drivers and run flashtool-drivers.exe).
- In the Sony Xperia device, Open Settings.
- Go to System > About Phone. Look for Build Number and tap 7-8 times on it and it will return “You are now a developer”.
- Go back to Settings > System. Now you will see Developer Options, open it.
- In Developer options, enable USB Debugging.
- On your PC go to location C:\Flashtool and open FlashTool.exe.
- In the Sony Flash Tool, click on Flash Button.
- A Bootmode chooser tab will pop up, select Flashmode and click OK.
- On the Firmware selector page, click on Browse icon and locate the downloaded firmware file (.ftf file). You can download Firmware from XperiFirm.
- After selecting the Stock Firmware file (ftf format), click on Flash.
- Completely turn off your Sony Xperia device.
- Press and hold the Volume down button and connect the phone to the PC using USB cable.
- The flashing process will start and it can take some time. You can track the progress in the progress bar.
- After completion, disconnect your phone and reboot into the system. First boot can take some time, and after reboot setup your device and enjoy.
You can also root Xperia phone, unlock bootloader of Xperia phone, and Wipe Xperia phone. Just follow the steps that the tool shows and you can perform more actions just like flashing the stock firmware.
I hope you found the guide helpful. If you are facing any error on downloading or using the tool then let us know in the comment section, we will reply with the perfect solution.
More Flash Tools: