Redmi K20 Pro is the latest Xiaomi device to get Android 11 based MIUI 12.5 stable update. Xiaomi is a bit behind on their actual MIUI update schedule. Still, many Xiaomi devices are waiting for the Android 11 and MIUI 12.5 update. But now Redmi K20 Pro is no longer on the waiting list as its latest MIUI 12.5 update is rolling out. Check out more about MIUI 12.5 update for Redmi K20 Pro.
Redmi K20 Pro was launched in 2019 as a budget flagship device which helped the K series to be one of the popular phone series from Xiaomi. The phone was launched with Android 9 based MIUI 10 out of the box. And later the device received MIUI 11, MIUI 12 updates. However, the latest update for Xiaomi users is MIUI 12.5 which is now available for Redmi K20 Pro. The Redmi K20 Pro MIUI 2.5 is tagged as stable beta and available for Mi Pilot users. It is the same build that will be released to the public if the update goes right.
Many users have already received MIUI 12.5 updates on their Redmi K20 Pro in India. Soon the update will be available to all the users. The Redmi K20 Pro MIUI 12.5 update is based on Android 11. It comes with the build version V188.8.131.52.RFKINXM and weighs 2.3GB to be exact. The MIUI 12.5 update for Redmi K20 Pro comes with many changes.
Redmi K20 Pro MIUI 12.5 Update Changelog
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Updated Android Security Patch to June 2021.
- Increased System Security.
- Stable MIUI based on Android 11
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
- New: Location info can be now reported automatically before the device is powered off
Status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Lock screen notification animations froze after the device was unlocked using face data
- Fix: Notifications flashed in some cases
- Fix: Floating notifications weren’t displayed correctly in landscape mode
- Fix: Notification badges weren’t updated for incoming notifications on a locked device
Download Redmi K20 Pro MIUI 12.5 Stable Update
As of now, the update is only available for Mi Pilot Testers. And if everything goes right the same build will be pushed for everyone. Thanks to @Ankit who mentioned the update on Twitter. If you are using a beta version then you can easily update to the latest version from Settings. While users with the public stable update will need to wait a bit longer to get the update. Luckily the Redmi K20 Pro MIUI 12.5 update file is available that anyone can use to update their phone. You can download using the given link.
- Download MIUI 12.5 for Redmi K20 Pro [Recovery ROM]
Before upgrading your smartphone, I recommend you take a full backup, before diving into the process and charge your device to at least 60%.
To sideload the recovery ROM package (Update file), you need to head over to the system settings > updates, then select the update package manually. Then, allow the prompts to install the build. If this doesn’t work then use the update using zip option from Recovery mode. This may not work if your phone is on a stable build. And in that case, you need to use a custom recovery like TWRP, OrangeFox.
Once the installation process is completed, reboot your Redmi K20 Pro before start using it. That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for Redmi K20 & K20 Pro
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: