OnePlus 9 series phones were the first phones by OnePlus to get the taste of OxygenOS 12 via the beta program in September. Later on, the company released a couple of incremental beta builds with fixes and enhancements. Now the news comes out that both OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro are receiving the Android 12-based OxygenOS 12 stable build. Here’s everything you need to know about the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro OxygenOS 12 stable update.
Usually, OnePlus shares this type of information on its community forum. But this time, the company has not officially shared the news of OxygenOS 12 public rollout.
We’ll add the official community forum post link, once it is live.
Update December 8 – OnePlus now officially shares the information on its community forum now. And as per the information, the update is seeding in India and NA regions, the build number for the OnePlus 9 is LE2111_11.C.36 (IN) and LE2115_11.C.36 (NA), while the OnePlus 9 Pro receives firmware with LE2121_11.C.36 (IN) and LE2125_11.C.36 (NA).
Update December 11 – OnePlus has officially pulled the OnePlus 9 (Pro) OxygenOS 12 update after several complaints of bugs from users. In a statement with AndroidPolice, OnePlus mentioned that they are suspending the update and will roll out a new update after fixing the reported bugs.
Update December 18 – After fixing bugs from the initial stable OxygenOS 12 update, OnePlus resumes OxygenOS 12 update for OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro. The new update for the OnePlus 9 and the OnePlus 9 Pro comes with build number C.39. The OEM has also shared a changelog for the new update in its community forum.
- Improved the smoothness of fingerprint unlocking
- Optimized system power consumption to extend the battery life
- Fixed the issue of screen tearing when back to the home screen in some games
- Fixed the issue that the notification bar showed a blank bar
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.12
- Improved the startup speed of the application
- Improved the image effect of the rear camera
- Fixed the issue that failed to connect to the mobile data in certain scenarios
There are some users allegedly receiving the stable update, not only this, but the OxygenOS update (the third-party app) also shows the stable build. The new firmware reaches with the OxygenOS 22.214.171.124.LE25DA version number on the vanilla OnePlus 9 and weighs a whopping 4.15GB in size for downloading.
Talking about the features, then the OxygenOS 12 comes with the Canvas AOD 2.0, Work-Life Balance 2.0, new Notes app, Theme Store, new at-a-glance cards and widgets, system-wide search bar, and much more. Apart from these changes, you can also get access of Android 12-essentials such as widgets, dynamic theming, new privacy controls, and more. Here’s the official changelog, shared by the OnePlus 9 series users.
OnePlus 9 (Pro) OxygenOS 12 Stable Update – Changelog
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
- Work-Life Balance
- Work-Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
If you’re a OnePlus 9 series user, then you can now access the features of the Android 12-based OxygenOS 12 skin. At the time of writing, the update is in a rolling phase, but it will be available to everyone very soon. You can move to the Settings > System > System updates to check the latest updates.
In case if you don’t get the update, you can manually update your phone using an OTA zip file. To install the update manually using OTA zip follow the steps below.
- Charge your smartphone to at least 50%
- Make sure to take a backup of important data
How to update OnePlus 9 & 9 Pro to OxygenOS 12 stable
- Download the latest OxygenOS OTA from the OnePlus forum or Oxygen Updater app.
- Copy the downloaded zip file to your phone storage. Keep it outside of every folder.
- Now open Settings on your phone and go to System > System updates.
- Tap on the Settings icon and then tap on Local Upgrade.
- Browse and select the OxygenOS file and install it.
- Restart your phone and enjoy the latest OxygenOS update.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for OnePlus 9 Pro
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- Download Android 12 Wallpapers [FHD+]
- Best Wallpapers for OnePlus 8 & 9 Series
- Download Samsung Galaxy S22 Wallpapers
Screenshot Source: Telegram