Android 12 is the latest Android version that Google released to the public yesterday. Although the stable Android 12 is released And later other OEMs also announced new versions of their custom OS based on Android 12. OnePlus also released the first Android 12 based OxygenOS 12 Open Beta for OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro.
OnePlus is planning to bring a Unified operating system for both OnePlus and Oppo phones. But this will happen next year with Android 13. And so we can expect the OxygenOS 12 to be the last OxygenOS update for OnePlus phones. Now coming back to the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta for OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro, the update is available for everyone who wants to try it.
As usual, OxygenOS staff member Abdul shared the news on the official OnePlus forum. Android 12 comes with the biggest change in the interface in years of Android history, but it will be interesting to see how much OnePlus adapts those changes to OxygenOS. Luckily with the OnePlus 9 Android 12 Open Beta announcement, they have also shared the update log. You can check the log to see what’s new in the update.
OnePlus 9 OxygenOS 12 Open Beta Changelog
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
Work Life Balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Some third-party apps haven’t been adapted to the latest Android version and may not function properly
- Camera might be stuck and unstable sometimes
- Texts and calls might not be able to be received
- Bluetooth earphones may fail to connect and play music
- Information about the CPU is incorrectly displayed
- Buttons in Gallery might not function properly
- Screen recordings may not be saved in some instances
Download OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 9/Pro
The OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 packages are available for download. So if you want to test out the Android 12 on your OnePlus 9 or OnePlus 9 Pro, then you can download update files below.
- OnePlus 9 (IN)
- OnePlus 9 (Except IN)
- OnePlus 9 Pro (IN)
- OnePlus 9 Pro (Except IN)
How to Get Android 12 Open Beta 1 on OnePlus 9 (Pro)
- Charge your phone to at least 60%
- Backup your data
- Download the latest OxygenOS 12 Open Beta Zip file from the given links.
- Copy the downloaded zip file to your phone storage. Keep it outside of every folder.
- Now open Settings on your phone and go to System > System updates.
- Tap on the Settings icon and then tap on Local Upgrade.
- Browse and select the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta file and install it.
- Restart your phone and enjoy the latest OxygenOS 12 based Android 12 update.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 8.1 for OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.