The Samsung Galaxy S22 series has started receiving the third One UI 5.0 Beta. And with this beta update, the stable Android 13 update for the Galaxy S22 is now closer than ever. Samsung started testing the beta update early last month and it’s now vastly improved and has only fewer minor bugs. This means that Samsung may soon release the stable build.
One UI 5.0 beta 3 for the Galaxy S22 model is available in parts of Europe, including Poland and Germany. It is available with firmware build S901BXXU2ZVI9. It weighs around 1GB but it may vary by model. The update was first noticed by a Twitter user @Vetrox360, who shared a slew of videos showcasing the changes.
Oppo Find X5 series and the OnePlus 10 Pro are two phones that already have the stable Android 13. And it is expected that the Galaxy S22 series will also join the list soon, maybe as early as the first half of next month.
Talking about changes the third beta comes with a lot of bug fixes which isn’t a surprise as the stable update is almost near. Along with bug fixes, Samsung has added iOS style lock screen customization and more. You can check the full changelog below.
- Experience new, immersive slideshow-style stories in Gallery.
Bugs that have been fixed
- Fixed issues with adding Gallery widget to home screen
- The wallpaper for the lock screen can now be changed directly by long pressing the lock screen
- Improved UX for the Album tab at the bottom of Gallery app
- ‘Device Care> Auto Optimization> Auto Restart if necessary’ option is now set as ‘Off’ by default
- Enhanced optimization settings for each mode and change of menu location (Settings>Useful Functions>Bixby Routine>Mode→Settings>Mode)
- Fixed home screen return animation
- Fixed animation overlap when closing folders
- Fixed the issue with IMS service stop pop-up appearing after SW update
- Fixed the issue with not being able to exit the app with gestures while running multiple apps on the lock screen
- Fixed the issue with changing Calendar widget transparency
- Fixed the issue with very small text displayed on the app icons
As this is a One UI 5 beta update, if you have opted for the beta program on your Galaxy S22 phones, then you will get the OTA update soon. Currently, the update is rolling out in Germany and Poland. It will be available in other regions as well.
To manually check for the update, you can go to Settings > Software Update. It will show the One UI 5.0 Beta 3 update if it’s available. Tap the Download and Install button to get the latest beta. Before upgrading make sure to take backup of data and charge your phone to at least 50%.