Android 13 has been available for the Google Pixel phones for over a month now. Last week, Oppo has kicked off the Android 13 stable update to its flagship Oppo Find X5 and X5 Pro. And now OnePlus is joining the Android 13 club with the release of a major software upgrade for its flagship OnePlus 10 Pro.
In May, OnePlus originally started testing the Android 13 based OxygenOS 13 on its latest flagship smartphone – the OnePlus 10 Pro. And after four months of testing, the rollout of the stable update begins.
At the time of writing, OnePlus didn’t officially confirm the rollout, instead, some OnePlus 10 Pro users received the stable build. The update goes live for Indian users with the NE2211_11_C.19 software version weighs a whopping 4.61GB in size. While the incremental build for testers weighs around 950MB in size.
The best part is, that OnePlus pushed the update to all three regions at the same time, yes, some users report that the update is also available in the North America (NA) and Europe regions. So, if you own the OnePlus 10 Pro, your phone is going to receive its first major software upgrade anytime soon.
Moving to the features and changes, then the release notes confirm the addition of Aquamorphic design elements to the OS, a new world clock widget for the home screen, a Quantum Animation Engine 4.0 upgrade, the ability to create large folders on home screen, media playback control optimization to the Quick Settings, new markup tools for screenshot editing, sidebar toolbox for managing floating window apps, a number of optimizations for Always-On display, HyperBoost GPA 4.0 for better gaming performance, and more.
Here’s the complete list of changes coming with Android 13 update on OnePlus 10 Pro.
- Aquamorphic Design
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connecting and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds SidebarToolbox You can open floating windows inside apps for smooth operation.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
- Seamless interconnection
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
- Security & privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files
- Health & Digital wellbeing
- Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit ambient light reminders and Eye-protecting display features.
- Performance optimization
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
- Optimizes Dolby sound effects with enhanced spatial sound field perception and more accurate sound sourcing.
- Gaming experience
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios
Now if you own the OnePlus 10 Pro and want to upgrade to the new software, then you can go to the Software upgrades settings and check if there’s a new update available or not. In case the update is not available yet, you can wait for a few days. OnePlus usually releases major upgrades in a staged manner.
If you are in a hurry, then you can upgrade your phone manually using the OnePlus updater app, then sideload it using the local upgrade method. Before upgrading make sure to take a backup of important data. Also, make sure to charge your smartphone to at least 30%.
You May Also Like – Google Camera for OnePlus 10 Pro
If you’ve any query, then leave it in the comment box below. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: