Picture-in-Picture Mode is a pretty handy tool, which allow users to watch videos or live streams while interacting with other apps or websites. The PiP Mode support is available for almost every famous web browser, including Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla. You can sideload a third-party extension on these web browsers to use PiP. But, if you’re using Safari on Mac, then the way to enable Picture-in-Picture mode is different. Here’s how you can watch YouTube Videos in Picture-in-Picture Mode in Safari on Mac.
Many video sharing platforms have a dedicated option of PiP mode, you can simply click on it to view the content in PiP mode. But, that’s not a case in famous video sharing platform, YouTube, there’s a hidden trick by which you can watch YouTube videos in Picture-in-Picture on Safari web browser. One of the best things about this method is, there’s no need to install any third-party extension, you can easily view your favorite YouTube videos while doing work on other apps.
So, let’s dive right into the steps.
How to Watch YouTube Videos in PiP Mode in Safari without Extension
As I said earlier, there are a few steps you need to be involved in to watch YouTube Videos in Picture-in-Picture Mode in Safari without using any extension. Before diving into the steps, make sure to update your web browser to the latest version.
- At first, Open Safari Web Browser on your Apple Mac running on the macOS Mojave or newer.
- Head over to YouTube website and search for the video you want to watch.
- Now open the video you want to watch in Picture-in-Picture mode.
- Then, right click in the video window, it will show YouTube’s own settings for the video.
- Next, right click once again in the YouTube video window, which will show the Safari’s context menu with three options, Show Controls, Enter Full Screen, and Enter Picture in Picture.
- You can simply click on Enter Picture in Picture to watch the video in PiP Mode.
- Once done, the video will start streaming in a floating window, which you can move or resize according to your needs.
- That’s it.
It is one of the simplest ways by which you can watch any YouTube Video in Picture in Picture mode in Safari on Mac.
How to Watch YouTube Videos in Picture in Picture in Safari with Extension
In case you like to keep things simple, then you can use a third-party extension. The App Store is filled with a slew of extensions, you can use to watch videos from any video sharing platform in Picture in Picture mode. But for this article, we’re using the famous, PiPifier extension. The extension is compatible with macOS 10.12 or newer and claims to work nearly every video.
One of the best things about the PiPifier extension is, it’s freely available on App Store. You can simply download it from the App Store and enable it.
You May Also Like – How to Install Safari Extensions on Mac [Guide]
Now open the video you want to watch on YouTube or any other video sharing platform. Then, click on enable PiP mode icon from YouTube controls menu bar. That’s it.
If you’ve any query, then you can leave the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends on social media.
More Related Articles: