If you want to add extra functionalities to the Safari web browser, then you can install extensions. The small coded-apps aka extensions bring some extra features to the web browsers such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari, and others as well. While, installing extensions on Chrome and Edge are easy, you can simply add extension and start using it. But that’s not a case in Apple’s Safari web browser, if you want to use extension on Safari, then here’s how to install extensions on Safari.
The App Store on macOS packs a huge number of useful extensions you can sideload on the Safari web browser. You can personalize your browsing experience by adding new extensions to the browser. You can bring the dark mode functionality to the Safari web browser and explore the web in dark mode. Here are some best dark mode extensions you can use on Safari. Below you find a step by step guide by which you can install, manage, and delete Safari extensions on Mac.
Let’s dive right in to the steps.
How to Download and Install Extensions in Safari on Mac
If you’re using Safari 12 or newer version on macOS Mojave or newer, then you can install extensions from the App Store. And if you want to install extensions in Safari on Mac, then at first you need to download the app from the App Store and enable it from the browser, before start using it. Here are the steps.
Note: Make sure that you’re running on the latest version of Safari web browser.
- At first, Open Safari Web Browser on your Apple Mac running on the macOS Mojave or newer.
- Now click on Safari from the menu bar and then head over to Safari extensions.
- It will automatically open the App Store with Safari Extensions section, where you’ll find a huge number of extensions for Safari web browser.
- You can also open App Store directly and head over to the Extensions category or search extension by its name.
- Here you’ll find a slew of extensions placing in different categories, such as Top Free, Top Paid, Read with Ease, etc.
- You can choose any extension you want to install for browsing on Safari.
- To install any extension, click on the Get button and then again click on Install button.
- Enter the credentials in the prompt, if needed.
- That’s it, it will download the extension on your Mac.
How to Enable Installed Safari Extension on Mac
After downloading the extension from Apple Mac Store, you can enable it manually from the Safari Preferences. Safari will automatically show you a banner featuring that a newer extension is available, which you can enable it by tapping on it. Here’s how you can enable it manually.
- Open the Safari web browser again on your Mac.
- If you’ve seen a banner, showing a new extension added, then you can click on View Extensions button to enable it.
- Alternatively, you can manually click on Safari from the menu bar and click on Preferences, then move on to the extensions section.
- Now choose the extension you want to use or enable, click on the checkbox from the left sidebar.
- It will show you a pop up from which you can enable the extension on your browser.
- Once done, you can start using it on your Safari web browser.
- Head over to the page you want to access, then tap on the extension icon from the address bar to use it. You can also access its other features or change the settings in case you need.
- That’s it.
How to Delete any Extension from Safari on Mac
In case you want to delete an extension from Safari, then you can easily do it directly from the browser itself. If you’re not using any extension or you don’t like the downloaded extension then you can uninstall it from the browser. Here’s how to delete an extension from Safari on Mac.
- At first, Open the browser.
- Then, click on Preferences from menu bar, to open the extensions page.
- Once clicked on Preferences, head over to the Extensions section.
- Now select the extension you want to remove from the web browser.
- Then disable the extension by unticking the check box from the left sidebar.
- To delete it permanently, tap on uninstall button showing in the right pane.
- That’s it.
In case you need it in future, then you can simply head over to the Mac App Store again and then download it from the Safari extensions section.
The Apple App Store isn’t the only place from where you can download and use third-party extensions on Safari. If you’ve downloaded extension from the third-party website from any developer, then you can follow the same steps to enable Safari Extensions on Mac.
You May Also Like – How to Find Text on Webpage in Safari on iPhone or iPad
In case you’ve any query, then drop it down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: