A TV can be defined as a smart TV only if it can do things that a regular normal non-smart TV can do. Let’s take an Insignia smart TV powered by Fire TV OS. since this is a smart TV, you can expect all the good stuff like being able to connect to the wifi, download and stream a ton of shows from various apps, screen mirror from your mobile device, etc. While all of this is great, there can be one thing that will eventually test your TV if it is smart enough. Well, what happens when you lose the TV remote for Fire TV? Is your Fire TV useless or is there a way to use Insignia Smart TV without remote? Read on to know more.
Insignia is a popular TV brand that manufactures and produces various types of TVs that are super affordable. Now they won’t be having the best of the best audio or video quality, but if wanted something without burning a hole in your pocket, then an Insignia TV should work perfectly for you. There are Insignia Smart TVs powered by Amazon’s Fire TV OS. This means you can easily get a cheap Fire TV right away. Let’s head back to the main reason why this guide is here, to know how you could use the Insignia Fire TV without a remote.
Before we go ahead, you need to know that these methods will work only if you have earlier set up and programmed your Insignia Fire TV to connect to your wifi network. If not, then the only solution is to get yourself a replacement or universal remote.
How to use Insignia Fire TV without Remote (using Fire TV app)
The Fire TV app for Android and iOS is a free app that can be used as a remote for your Fire TV. You can also use the app to watch all of your favorite Live TV content. Follow these steps o on how to use the Fire TV app as a remote.
- First, you need to make sure your Insignia Fire TV is already connected to your wifi network.
- Once you have ensured that the TV is connected to the wifi, connect your mobile device to the same wifi network.
- Now, download the Fire TV app for your Android or iOS device.
- Launch the Fire TV app and sign in with the same Amazon account that has been used to sign in to the Fire TV.
- Select your Amazon Fire TV device o the screen.
- You will now be able to use the screen as a navigation button for your TV.
- There is also a built-in keyboard that can b used to input any text if needed.
How to use Insignia Fire TV without Remote (using USB Keyboard)
The Insignia Fire TV has a USB port along with other input ports on the left side. All you need to do is connect a USB wired keyboard, and should be good to go. You can use the arrow keys to navigate around the letter keys to type in. In this way, you should technically be able to connect your insignia TV to a new wifi network.
How to use Insignia Fire TV without Remote (using Alexa)
If you have a smart speaker that has Alexa built into it such as the Echo and Echo Dot, you can then simply speak to it to control your Insignia Smart TV. Follow these steps to set up your Alexa device to control your Insignia Smart TV.
- Download the Alexa app for your Android or iOS device.
- Now, launch the app. You will be required to sign in with the same Amazon account that you have used to log in to the Fire TV.
- Once done, tap on the More option It will be three horizontal lines in the top left corner of the app.
- Select the Settings option from the list.
- Now, you need to select the TV and Video option.
- Next, you need to select Fire TV.
- And finally, choose the Link Your Alexa Device.
- Select your Insignia Fire TV from the list.
- You have now linked it right away.
- Simply speak to your Alexa device and give it commands such as “Alexa, open the Netflix app”
- In this way, you can control your Insignia Fire TV.
These are the three methods you can follow to control your Insignia Fire TV without a remote. Though, you need to make sure that your Fire TV has already been set up. If it hasn’t, or you lost the remote after performing a factory reset, your options will be to either get a replacement remote for the Fire TV or just get a universal remote and make the best use out of it.
More Related Articles: