Amazon’s Fire TV devices are a great way to stream all of your favorite TV content without having to own a cable network connection. Just owning a Fire TV device and an internet connection can open the world of easily streaming whatever you like. While all of that is great, there are times when you might have noticed your Fire TV device slowing down. If you are facing such an issue on your Fire Stick, then here’s how you can clear cache on Fire Stick.
Of course, you might have checked for system updates and might have even performed a reset to solve this issue. While the issue might have been solved temporarily, you notice that the issues show up which is as annoying as an uninvited guest. Well, the main reason for the slowdowns and other issues can simply lead to one reason- the build-up of cache files on your Fire TV device for the particular app. In this guide, we will be showing you how you can clear the cache on your Fire TV device.
How to Clear Cache on Amazon Fire TV Stick
Before we take a look at how you can clear the cache files on your Fire TV device, you all need to understand what are the reasons behind the cleaning up of the cache files.
- Slow and unresponsive Fire TV system
- The particular app keeps crashing, fails to load, or has very slow performance.
- Buffering and streaming errors
- Running out of storage space.
Clear Cache on Fire TV
Now, let’s take a look at the steps you need to follow to clear up the cache on your Fire TV device. However, you need to note that you will have to manually clear the cache from each app as there is no system-wide cache cleaner option. Anyways, follow these steps.
- Select the Settings option on your Fire TV device’s screen.
- Now, select the Applications icon from the Settings menu.
- Next, Choose the Manage Installed Applications.
- All you need to do is browse through the app that seems to cause various issues and select it.
- You can now choose the option that says Clear Cache. Selecting it will clear away the cache files for the particular app.
- You can also choose the Clear Data option. This will simply remove all files related to the particular app. Do note that this option will require you to sign into the app once again.
Re-install App to Clear Cache
One other way that you can also clear up the cache and data field from an app is by uninstalling the app. You can follow these steps to uninstall the app from your Fire TV device.
- Select the Settings option from your Fire TVs home screen.
- Now select Applications followed by Manage Installed Applications.
- Browse through the list of apps and select the app that you wish to uninstall.
- Choose the Uninstall option and confirm uninstalling the app from your Fire TV device.
- The app has now been removed from your Fire TV device.
Should you Reset the Fire TV to Clear Cache?
Well as it is known, the reset option is only used when your device seems to be having too many problems or when you might want to be selling the device or hand it over to someone else. So performing a reset just to clear the cache is not really the ideal solution. But, in the event that you have to perform a reset, you can follow our definitive guide on how to perform a factory reset on any Fire TV device, including FireSticks and FireCubes.
More Related Articles: