Discord is one of the most used and popular communications platforms used by gamers all over. PC, mobile, and console gamers prefer using Discord because you get to use multiple features right away. So far, we do know that the PlayStation consoles do not have the official Discord app. But do the Xbox consoles from Microsoft have support for Discord? Yes, you can use Discord on Xbox. Here you will know how to use Discord on Xbox.
The Xbox One even though be a last-gen model, is still being used by a lot of people to date as new games are being released for the new and old generation consoles. Discord comes in very handy when you might want to take to your group in a game that has no voice chat or maybe you want to share an in-game capture right away with your bunch of friends, Discord lets you do all of it. With Discord, you can text, send audio messages, have group calls, screen share, and even join tons of dedicated servers. If you have got an Xbox console and looking out for how to use Discord on the Xbox console, read on to know more.
How to use Discord on Xbox
Now there are two generations of Xbox consoles that are being supported. The Xbox One as well as the Xbox Series X|S. So if you have one of these consoles, you can make use of Discord. Let’s take a look at how to get and make use of Discord on Xbox Consoles.
Get Discord on the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
One might think, well the Xbox One has been around for quite a long time, so it should just be as easy as downloading the app from the Microsoft Store on the console right? Wrong. The Xbox one and even the Xbox Series X|S still do not have the official first-party Discord app, even though Discord lets you link your Xbox account to the service. There is, however, a third-party app that you can use to get access to Discord on your Xbox consoles.
- Power on your Xbox Console and open the Store app that is on the home screen.
- With the Microsoft Store open, head over to the search bar and select it.
- The on-screen keyboard will now show up. Use it to type Quarrel and search the Store.
- In the search results, you will see the Quarrel app.
- Click on the download/install button to get the app on your Xbox.
- With the app downloaded, simply navigate to and open the app.
- You will be greeted with the sign-in / create account screen.
- Use the email and password for your Discord account to log in.
- Once done, you will now have access to the Discord app on your Xbox console.
- You can now send messages and even join voice chats right within your Xbox.
This is how you can use Discord on Xbox console. Of course, you could use the Edge browser to get Discord, but then you can and won’t be able to join voice servers or have audio conversations on your server or with other friends at all. Well, yes it does seem odd that there isn’t a first-party discord app for the Xbox consoles. Who knows, with time one might be able to use the official Discord app on the Xbox consoles someday. The same can be said for the PlayStation consoles as well.