Sony has a great range of Smart TVs with Android or Google TV. Now, most TVs can cast or screen mirror your phone’s screen to the Sony TV right away. This feature works perfectly fine with Android and Windows devices. I hear you asking, well I’ve got an iPhone or the other Apple devices, how do I screen mirror my iPhone or iPad to my Sony TV?
Today, we have a detailed guide on how to use AirPlay on Sony TV along with the list of TVs that brings Apple AirPlay support out-of-the-box.
How to use Apple AirPlay on Sony Smart TV
If you want to mirror or cast your iPhone or iPad’s screen to your smart TV, then make sure that your TV have support for Apple AirPlay 2. A lot of Sony TVs out there do have support for Apple’s AirPlay 2. But, it’s always best to know which models from Sony have this support.
Before diving into the steps of how you can use Apple AirPlay on your Sony TV, let’s take a look at the list of TVs that have Apple AirPlay 2 support.
Apple AirPlay 2 Supported Sony TV Models
Here is the list of all Sony TVs whether they run on Google TV OS or Android TV OS.
- A75K Series
- A80J_A83J_A84J Series
- A80K_A83K_A84K Series
- A8x_A8H Series
- A90J Series
- A90K Series
- A95K Series
- A9_A9S Series
- A9F_AF9 Series
- A9G_AG9 Series
- X79J_X80J_X81J_X82J Series
- X80K_X81K_X82K Series (43-75)
- X85J_X86J_X89J Series
- X85K_X86K_X89K_85X80K Series
- X90J_X91J_X92J_X93J_X94J Series (50-75, 100)
- X90K_X91K_X92K_X93K_X94K Series (55-85)
- X90K_X92K_X90S_X94S Series (50)
- X91J Series (85)
- X95J Series
- X95K Series
- XG85xx_X85xxG_U8G Series (55, 65, 75, 85)
- XG95xx_X95xxG Series
- XH80xx_X80xxH_X81xH Series
- XH81xx Series
- XH85xx_X85xxH_XH91xx Series
- XH90xx_X90xxH_X91xxH_XH92xx Series
- XH95xx_X95xxH Series (49, 85)
- XH95xx_X95xxH Series (55, 65, 75)
- Z8H_ZH8 Series
- Z9F_ZF9 Series
- Z9G_ZG9 Series
- Z9J Series
- Z9K Series
Alternatively, some Sony monitors out there also have support for Apple AirPlay 2. Here is the list:
- KM-xxX80J Series
- KM-xxX80K Series
- KM-xxX85J Series
- KM-xxX85K Series
- KM-xxX9000H Series
- XRM-xxA80J Series
- XRM-xxA80K Series
- XRM-xxA90J Series
- XRM-xxA90K Series
- XRM-xxA95K Series
- XRM-xxX90J Series
- XRM-xxX90K Series
- XRM-xxX95J Series
- XRM-xxX95K Series
- XRM-xxZ9J Series
- XRM-xxZ9K Series
How to Adjust Apple AirPlay 2 Settings on Sony TV
Now that you know what Sony TV has support for Apple AirPlay 2, you can now check out these steps that show you how you can enable Apple AirPlay 2 on your Sony TV easily.
- Press the Source button on your Sony TV remote.
- Navigate and select the Apple AirPlay option from the menu that just opened up.
- Now, you need to select AirPlay and HomeKit Settings.
- Finally, select AirPlay and enable the feature.
- You can also choose whether you want your Apple AirPlay 2 to display the code only when the device is connecting to it for the first time or choose it to display the code every time a device tries to connect to AirPlay 2 on your Sony TV.
- If you want, you can also enable subtitles and captions for the content that you will be sharing from your Apple device to your Sony TV.
How to Cast or Mirror iPhone Screen to Sony TV with AirPlay
Now that you have a good idea of what Sony Tvs have support for Apple AirPlay 2 as well as know how to enable Apple AirPlay 2 on such TVs, it’s now time to understand how you can share your content from your iPhone to your Sony TV.
- First, you need to make sure that your Sony TV, as well as your iPhone or any other Apple device, is connected to the same WiFi network.
- Next, you must ensure that your iPhone and Sony TV are updated to the latest software version.
- If you plan to share your audio or music from your iPhone, launch the desired music streaming app and tap on the AirPlay Audio icon.
- If you plan to share video playback to your Sony TV, tap on the AirPlay video icon.
- Sharing your photos on your Sony TV is also easy. Just tap on the Share icon and then choose Sony TV.
- However, if you plan to share your iPhone’s full screen, simply open up the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirror tile.
- For all of the content that you plan to share, your iPhone will search for the displays that have Apple AirPlay 2 on your wifi network.
- Once you see your Sony TV in the list, tap on it, enter the code if required and you are good to go.
This continues the guide on how you can make use of Apple AirPlay 2 on your Sony TV to easily share your audio, video, photos, or for that matter even your iPhone’s full screen to your Sony TV for free and wirelessly.
If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.