Remotes play an essential role for a lot of devices out there. When it comes to devices at home, the most important device to need a remote has to be your smart TV. Of course, the most basic reason to have a TV remote is to switch it on or off. With that being said, let’s take a look at how you can turn on a Haier smart TV without any remote.
There are a good number of methods or options for you to choose from if you plan to switch your Haier Smart TV without a remote. Whether you lost the remote or simply just a broken remote, there are still a good number of ways that you can follow to switch your Haier Smart TV on.
Switch On Haier Smart TV without Remote
Now, let’s take a look at the different methods you can follow to switch your Haier smart TV on. You can use these methods until you are able to get yourself a replacement remote. Let’s get started.
Make Use Of The Buttons
All TVs, whether they are smart or not, will have their own set of buttons. These buttons will usually be present on the left or right sides of the TV panel. Some TVs will also have buttons on the underside panel. So make sure to check the buttons there. There will always be buttons that you can press to switch it on.
Use A Universal Remote Control
When it comes to remotes, you can choose between the original OEM remote or you can pick one of the fancy all-in-one remotes. Popularly known as the Universal remote control. This is a remote control that will work with almost each and every RV out there. Programming the remote is simple and easy. You need to enter a code that will be needed to pair the remote to your particular brand of TV. Here are a few universal remote controls that you can use to switch on and control your TV.
Use A DirecTV Remote
Another way to switch your Haier TV on is by making use of a remote that comes with your DirecTV box. If you do have a DirecTV box, you can easily program the remote to control your DirecTV box as well as your smart TV. We have listed the steps below that you can follow to program the DirecTV Remote to your Haier TV.
- Switch your DirecTV box off.
- Now, grab the remote and slide the switch from the Set Top Box to TV.
- Using your PC, head over to the DirecTV Remote Control Code Lookup Page.
- Here, you will have to choose the remote mode. This information will be present on your remote itself.
- Once you have selected the remote select TV followed by the brand of the TV. In this case, you select the Haier TV option.
- You will have to select your Haier TV’s model number.
- If it’s not displayed, simply choose the I Do Not Know The Model Number option.
- Once you have the codes on your screen, press the Select and Mode buttons on the remote until the LED light on your remote flashes twice.
- Now, enter the code one by one and see which one works the best for your Haier TV.
- With the right code, you will be able to control your Haier TV easily.
Use An Android Phone With An IR Blaster
A good number of Android devices out there have an IR Blaster built right into the mobile phone. In case you have a phone with an IR blaster, you can simply download one of the many apps that are designed to be used on phones with IR blasters. Install the app, select what device you want to control, and then choose the brand of your TV. The app should be able to control and switch your TV on and off right away.
This concludes the guide on how you can easily turn on and turn off your Haier smart TV without the need to have a remote. If at all for some reason none of the methods work, you might have to order yourself a replacement remote either by searching for one on Amazon or you can simply contact Haier’s customer support to see if they can help you with sending you a replacement remote for a small cost.
If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.