Samsung Galaxy phones run on Samsung’s own custom OS called One UI. One UI has all the basic and many advanced features. Talking about basic functions, a must-have feature is an option to capture screenshots. And there is not one but many ways to take a screenshot on Galaxy phones. Here are the best ways to take a screenshot on Samsung Galaxy phones.
Since all Samsung phones run on the same OS and have the same UI, the methods for taking a screenshot are also similar. There are some different methods for foldable phones which you can read here. And here we will share the methods which will be applicable to all Samsung Galaxy phones.
Reasons to Capture Screenshots
Knowing how to take a screenshot is important for all the phones you own, not just Samsung. Screenshots are the easiest way to capture any important details while browsing your phone. And also when you find a funny meme and want to share it with your friends or family you can always take a screenshot and share it.
If you know different methods to take a screenshot it gives the option of using the easiest way in different cases such as using shortcut buttons when you don’t want to risk touching the screen or using swipe gestures if hardware buttons are not working.
Take a Screenshot on Samsung using Buttons
If you have a Samsung phone and want to take a screenshot without touch or swipe gestures, the best option is to use the side keys. If both your hands are free, the easiest way is to use the side key shortcut to screenshot. All the latest Samsung phones follow the same shortcut combination. So here is the step by step guide.
- First, navigate to the page that you want to capture.
- Now press the Volume Down and Power keys together.
- It will capture the screen and show more options at the bottom.
- If you want to edit the screenshot further, you can use the tools at the bottom.
- Wait for 1-2 seconds or touch the screen and the toolbar will disappear if you don’t want to edit the screenshot.
So this is how to capture screenshots on Samsung using side keys. Now let’s move to the second method.
Take a Screenshot on Samsung using Gestures
If you don’t want or are unable to use key shortcuts for screenshots, you can use gestures. Like other phones, Samsung phones also have gesture shortcuts for screenshots. Unfortunately, it’s a bit trickier than the three-finger gesture we see on other phones. Let’s see how this gesture works on Samsung.
- First, enable the gesture by going to Settings > Advanced features > Motions and Gestures > Palm swipe to capture.
- Now open the page that you want to capture.
- Once you are on the page, swipe your palm across the screen to capture it.
- After the screenshot, you will find a toolbar at the bottom that you can use to edit or share the screenshot.
Take a Screenshot on Samsung using Edge Panel
Samsung’s popular Edge panel houses shortcuts to various functions such as apps, tools, tasks, and more. You can also use the Edge panel to take a screenshot on a Samsung phone. Here are the steps.
- Open Settings on your phone and select Display.
- Under display open Edge Panels.
- Turn on the Edge Panel from the toggle. And select Panels.
- In Panels select Task, you can deselect the Apps section or you can keep both Apps and Tasks selected.
- Open the page that you want to capture.
- There will be an edge bar on the right side, swipe it to the left to expand it.
- It will open the Task panel where you will find the Take Screenshots option, tap it.
- Once you tap the option, it will take the screenshot.
So this is how to capture screenshots on any Samsung phone. And if you wish to capture a scrolling screenshot or a long screenshot, you can follow the next method.
How to Take Long Screenshots on Samsung Phones
Long screenshots cover multiple pages. You can say that it is a composite of several screenshots. If there is a page that cannot be captured in a single screenshot (such as a webpage), you can take a long screenshot, also known as a scrolling screenshot. Here’s how to capture long screenshots on Samsung.
- Open the page that you want to capture and take a screenshot using any of the given methods.
- After capturing the screenshot you will see a toolbar at the bottom.
- There will be the first icon with two down arrows. It only appears where you can take a long screenshot.
- Tap the icon to capture a scrolling screenshot. You need to tap it until it captures all the pages you want to screenshot.
- And once done tap on the screenshot or other area.
So that’s how you can capture long screenshot on Samsung Galaxy phones. Now let’s see other information related to screenshots that you might want to know.
How to Turn off the Toolbar
The toolbar that appears after taking screenshot can be annoying at times, so if you like to disable it, you can do that. Well if you disable it, you won’t be able to immediately edit the screenshot, or take long screenshot.
- Open Settings on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
- Now head to Advanced features > Screenshots and screen recorder.
- Under screenshots, you will find the ‘Show toolbar after capturing’ option. Turn it off.
- Now when you capture a screenshot, you won’t see the toolbar.
You can always turn it On whenever you want using the same steps.
How to Change Format for Screenshots
Screenshots taken are usually saved in JPEG format. But you can also change the screenshot format to PNG. JPG takes up less space but PNG takes up a bit more storage. Here’s how to change the format.
- On your phone, go to Settings > Advanced features.
- Now go to Screenshots and screen recorder.
- Under screenshots, tap on the format and tap PNG.
- If you take a screenshot now, it will save in the PNG format.
How to Access Screenshots on Samsung Phones
Here is another guide related to screenshots that you would want to know. All the screenshots you take on your phone are organized in the same place. So it is easy to find all the screenshots you have taken.
To see all the screenshots, open Gallery on your Samsung phone. Look for the Screenshots folder and open it. This will open all the screenshots you have taken on your phone.
So that’s all on how to take a screenshot on Samsung phones. I hope all your queries are clear regarding the screenshot function. In case you have queries let us know in the comment section.