Android 13 is the latest version of Android which is currently only available for Pixel phones. But soon it will be available for non pixel phones. The new version of Android comes with many improvements. If you have updated your phone to Android 13, then this guide is for you. Here you will know how to take a screenshot on Android 13.
The ability to capture screenshots is one of the commonly used features on any phone and any device for that matter. And if you also take a bunch of screenshots on daily basis, then you should be aware of most of the ways to take screenshots, even long screenshots. Here in this guide, we are going to cover common and popular methods that will make the process of taking screenshots easier.
How to Take Screenshots in Android 13
On almost all Android phones some methods are common as they run on a common OS. And in the case of Android 13, it is the same. There could be some differences in options that appear after taking a screenshot, it is because Android phones run on the different custom OS. Let’s take a look at common methods to capture screenshots in Android 13.
Screenshot using Button Combo
- Open the page you want to capture in a screenshot.
- Once you are on the page, press the Volume Down and Power buttons together.
- In case the Volume Down is not working then try the combo with Volume Up.
- It will now capture the screenshot and will show it at the bottom of the screen with further controls for that screenshot.
Screenshot using Gesture
Android also comes with gesture control for taking screenshots. And on top of it, OEMs include additional gestures for screenshots. So it is all up to you which gesture you want to set and use for capturing screenshots. Here’s how to change gestures.
- Open Settings on your Android 13 phone.
- Now navigate to System > Gestures > System Navigation. It could be at different section in Settings based on the phone you are using, so you can search for it in Settings.
- Here you can choose the gesture of your choice for taking screenshots.
Once you have done that, go to the page that you want to capture and apply the gesture you have set just now. It could be three finger swipe down, Swipe up and hold, etc.
Screenshot using third party apps
When talking about Android, there is no shortage of apps at all. Android is the platform with most of the apps. And there are a bunch of apps for just only screenshots. So even if the above mentioned steps are not working on your phone then you can always try some third party apps. Here in this guide, we will take the tap tap app for example which allows interesting gestures for taking screenshots.
- Tap Tap app is not available on Play Store, so you can get it from XDA.
- Download and Install the app on your phone.
- Now open the app. Tap on Double tap actions.
- Remove all the actions except Screenshot. If the screenshot action is not present, then you can add it from Add Action > Utilities > Screenshot.
- Now go to the page you want to capture.
- Tap two times at the back of your phone and it will take a screenshot.
How to take a long screenshot on Android 13
Now, what if you want to take a long screenshot on Android 13? It is also referred to as a scrolling screenshot. Its benefit is that you can capture a full webpage in one screenshot and you can avoid using multiple screenshots to save time. So if you want to take a scrolling screenshot, you can follow the steps given below.
- On your Android 13 phone, open the page you want to capture in a long screenshot.
- Press Volume Down and Power button together.
- It will capture the screenshot and show more options at the bottom.
- Select Capture More and scroll down to the point you want to capture in the screenshot.
- You can make use of the crop function to trim the long screenshot if you want.
So this way you can capture a long window in just one screenshot. This comes in handy when taking screenshots of a full webpage, order menu, shopping cart, and more.
That’s all on how to take screenshots on Android 13. There are many other methods like using quick settings, assistive touch buttons, shortcuts, and more. But the above mentioned methods are common and easy. I hope you found the guide helpful. Do let us know in case of any queries.