Discord is, as we all know is a popular choice of communication used by gamers as well as people in different fields. You can use Discord in so many ways. From sending messages, having group audio and video calls, and even screen sharing and live-streaming right away from your PC. You can even host a virtual meeting in Discord called Stages. While it may be the best platform, it has its share of niggles which are few. Still, an issue, in the end, is always an issue and the best you can do is just restart Discord. Here are a few ways you can follow to restart Discord on PC, Android, and iOS.
Once in a while, there will be some silly bug that keeps popping up that results in hampering your Discord experience. Sure, you can always close the app. There are, however, many ways to follow if you wish to close the app. You know, restarting anything for that matter tends to make the issues fade away, this is the same case with many apps and gadgets. It could also be that you made a few changes in the settings that might require you to restart Discord. So, if you wish to know how to restart the Discord app, read on to know more.
How to Restart Discord App on PC
There are ways that you can follow to close and restart Discord on a Windows PC. Let’s get started.
The first method is by following the usual way of closing any app or program. Al you have to do is simply drag your mouse pointer over the X button at the right corner and click on it. But you will have to follow these steps first.
- Open the User Settings for Discord, It will be at the bottom next to your username,
- Now once you click on it, scroll the left panel till you find Windows Settings.
- Select Windows Settings and then on the right side under the Close Button header, click on the toggle to switch it off.
- Once the program has been closed, click on the icon on your desktop or from the Start menu and open Discord again.
If for some reason you forgot about the above setting and simply tried to close off Discord by pressing the X button, you can still close the app. Simply head over to the Taskbar and click on the small arrow icon. You will see the Discord icon there. Right-click on it and select Quit Discord. The program will now close itself. Simply click on the Discord icon on your desktop to restart it right away.
The third and final step is by using the Task Manager. The task manager is one of the best tools available on a Windows PC. Why? Well, you get to see a whole list of various running apps and programs, check out what apps are allowed during system start-up, see what hardware and the usage percentage as well.
- Right-click anywhere on the Taskbar and select Task Manager. (Windows 10)
- Right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager from the context menu. (Windows 11)
- Now the Processes tab is being displayed.
- You will see a list of running apps and programs.
- Select Discord from the list and right-click it.
- A context menu will appear. Simply select End Task.
- You have now closed Discord.
- You can launch Discord from the shortcut icon on your Desktop or launch it from the Start menu
How to Restart Discord on Android
If you are having some trouble with Discord on your Android device, there are two ways for you to close and restart the app.
If you have the Discord app running, simply swipe up from the bottom of the screen o bring up the app switcher on your device. Now, simply swipe up on the app in the app switcher and the app will now be closed. Navigate to the app and launch it to restart the app.
- Open the Settings app and navigate over to Apps.
- Now, select Apps. You will see all of your installed apps on your device.
- Scroll and select the Discord app.
- Tap on it.
- Now, tap on Force Stop.
- The app will now be closed, and its services will be stopped.
- Launch the app from your phone’s home screen or app drawer to open Discord again.
How to Restart Discord on iOS
Devices with Home Button
- Press the Home button on your iPhone twice.
- You will get to see a list of all the apps that are currently open
- Swipe through the list of apps that are open and stop till you find the Discord app.
- Now, swipe up on the app. This action will close the app right away.
- You can launch Discord again from your home screen.
Devices without the home button
- Swipe up from the home screen to bring up the app switcher
- Scroll through the apps till you find Discord.
- Now, swipe up on the Discord app.
- This gesture will close the Discord app right away.
- Discord can be launched from the home screen itself.
And this is how you can close and restart Discord on either your Android, iOS, or Windows devices. Have ever been through a situation where you had to close the Discord app because of some error or something not working right? Let us know about it in the comments below.