Do you need help with your smart TV? Is there a bug or an issue that you have noticed recently and the only thing it seems to be doing is getting on your nerves? Well, for many problems just like the ones we mentioned, the best and perfect solution for all of this is to perform a reset. Now, when it comes to Android and Google OS-powered TVs, there are two types of reset methods that you can perform.
In this guide, we will be talking about the two types of reset methods as well as how you can perform the reset on your particular Android or Google OS-powered smart TVs. So, sit back and read through this guide and follow the steps that apply to your particular smart TV.
Before we talk about the steps to performing a reset on these Android and Google-powered smart TVs, you need to know the difference between the two reset options that are available on these TVs.
How to Reset Android TV or Google TV [Soft Reset]
A soft reset is a simple and basic form of reset. When you perform this type of reset, all the data stored on your Android or Google TV will not be deleted. No settings or changes will take place during this type of reset process.
When it comes to performing a soft reset, all you have to do is simply switch the TV off and unplug the power cable from the electric outlet. Keep the TV unplugged for a few minutes (at least 10-15 minutes) and then connect it back. Once connected back the TV will work just fine and have all the apps and data without anything going missing.
You can easily perform this reset on your Android or Google-powered Smart TV. In fact, for any TV out there, whether you have a basic flat-screen TV or a smart TV that runs on the modern TV-based operating system, this reset method is the same for all models and TV brands regardless of the OS.
How to Reset Android TV or Google TV [Hard Reset]
Now when your TV might be facing serious issues such as problems with sound outputs, color issues or maybe even bugs in the software, a factory reset or a hard reset is to be performed. When you perform a factory reset on your smart TV, all the data, apps, and accounts that are stored on your TV will be erased. Your TV will be reset like it came out from the factory. You will have to go ahead with the one-time initial setup as well as you having to install the apps and sign into the respective accounts.
Perform a Hard Reset on Android TV
Now, let’s take a look at the steps that you need to follow in order to perform a hard reset on a smart TV that is running on Android TV.
- Power up the Android Smart TV and grab the remote.
- Press the home button on your remote to bring up the home screen of your Android TV.
- Using the remote’s navigation buttons, navigate and select the Settings icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- With the Settings menu open, navigate to and select the Device Preferences option.
- Scroll to the bottom to select the Reset option.
- Select the Reset option and finally choose Reste.
- The TV will now begin to perform a factory reset right away.
Perform a Hard Reset on Google TV
If you have a smart TV that runs on the newer Google TV OS, you can follow these steps to perform a factory reset.
- Power up the TV and grab the TV remote.
- Using the remote, select the Settings icon on the top right corner of the home screen.
- With the Settings menu open, select System followed by About.
- Under the About menu, navigate and choose the Reset option.
- Finally, select Factory Reset The factory reset process will now begin right away.
- This is how you can perform a factory reset on your Google TV easily.
This concludes the guide on how you can perform a factory reset on your Android TV as well as your Google TV. You can choose the type of reset based on the issue or situation you are in. If it’s just a small bug. A soft reset is a good idea.
If your TV has software issues, or you plan to give away or sell the TV, it is ideal to perform a factory reset to remove all the data and restore it to factory settings. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them below.