Apple TV is a great way to watch your favorite shows and movies and other content with ease on Apple devices. The service has different subscription plans that you can opt for. Apple TV service is available on all Apple devices as well as PC and Android devices. The Android devices also include your Android streaming boxes and your smart TVs powered by Android TV and Google TV.
Today, we will be talking about how you can watch Apple TV on your Android TV.
The Apple TV app is free to download and install on your Android TVs. However, in order to view content, you would have to pick up a subscription plan. The only problem with this is that you cannot make any purchases on the Apple TV app for Android and Google TV
In this case, you will have to first download the Apple TV app on your mobile device and sign up with your Apple ID and then choose a plan. You can also sign up for an account on Apple TV using your PC and subscribe to a plan right away. Once you have done all of that, it’s time to see the steps to install the Apple TV app on your Android TV or Google TV device.
How to Install Apple TV on Android TV
If you have a smart TV that is running on Google’s older Android TV UI, you can follow these steps to install the Apple TV app on your Android TV.
- Power up your Android TV and have it connect to your WiFi network.
- Navigate and select the Google Play Store app on the home screen of your Android TV.
- Once the Play Store opens up, navigate and select the search bar in the Play Store app.
- Select it to bring the keyboard up.
- Now, type in Apple TV and select the search icon.
- You should see the Apple TV app in the search results.
- Select the app and choose the install button.
- Within a few seconds, the app will begin downloading and should be installed on your TV.
- Launch the Apple TV app and sign in with your Apple ID.
How to Install Apple TV on Google TV
Newer smart TVs come with the new Google TV interface. These TVs run on Android but with a newer user interface.
- Switch your Google TV on and let it connect to the internet.
- Now, select the Search icon and type in Apple TV. Alternatively, you can slate the Apps tab, choose the Search for Apps option and finally enter Apple TV to search for the app.
- Once the app shows up in the search results, select it and choose the Install button. Apple TV will now be downloaded to your Google TV.
- Launch the app and sign in with your Apple ID to stream right away.
How to Install Apple TV on Android TV using Android Phone
If you are someone that has an Android mobile device, be it a phone or a tablet, you can use that device to install the apple Tv app on your Android or Google TV device. Here is how.
- Open the Google Play Store on your mobile device.
- Make sure that the mobile device and your TV are signed in with the same Google account.
- Now tap on the search bar and type in Apple TV.
- The Apple TV app should now be displayed in the search results.
Tap on the little arrow towards the right side of the green install button. Here you will be able to select your Android or Google TV right away.
Once you have selected your TV, tap the install button.
The Apple TV app will now be installed on your Google or Android TV.
How to Install Apple TV on Android TV [Sideloading Method]
If for some reason you are not able to install or download the Apple Tv app on your Android or Google TV, you can always sideload the app. Here are the steps.
- First, go to your PC and open the web browser of your favorite choice.
- Now, head over to the APK Mirror website.
- Search for the Apple TV app.
- Make sure to select the TV variant of the Apple TV app.
- Download the APK file to your PC.
- Plug in a USB drive and copy the downloaded Apple TV APK file to your USB drive.
- Now, plug the USB drive into your TV.
- If your TV already has a File Manager, open the app.
- Select the USB drive to view the contents.
- Now, choose the Apple TV APK file and install it.
- You might be asked to enable installing apps from Unknown Sources. Make sure to have the option enabled.
- The Apple TV app will now be installed on your Android or Google TV.
- To access the app, simply visit the home screen and you can launch the Apple TV app right away.
This concludes the guide on how you can install the Apple TV app foto for Android TV with ease. The steps are very simple if you have the Play Store app available on your TV. Do note that it is best to subscribe to your Apple TV plan using either your Android device or your PC since the TV has no option to pay or subscribe to any Apple TV plan.
If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.