Being able to control your Android TV from your mobile phone is simple and easy. This works perfectly simply because the TV has WiFi capabilities and also runs on Android, an operating system that is seen on a large number of Smart TVs. Smart TVs let you install a good number of apps. But, do you know that you can easily control certain apps’ playback by just using your mobile device?
Yes, you have read that right. And, in today’s guide, we will be talking about how you can control Spotify playback on your Android TV by just using either your mobile phone or your PC.
Let’s get started.
Spotify Music is a very popular music and podcast streaming service that is available on a large number of platforms. Whether you use Spotify on Android, iOS, macOS, or Windows PC as well as any device out there has a web browser installed right away.
Spotify has a large library of songs and because of its features, Spotify has a large user base around the world. Now, in the beginning, we did talk about controlling your Spotify TV playback using either your PC or mobile device, right? Well, let’s get right into it.
- Android TV
- Spotify App
- WiFi network
How to Control Spotify TV Playback Using Mobile Device
Now, let’s take a look at the steps that you need to follow to control your Spotify TV playback by simply using your mobile phone.
- First things first, you need to download the Spotify app on your Android TV.
- You can download it by launching the Google Play Store app and searching for the Spotify app.
- Once you see the Spotify app in the results, select the install option.
- Obviously, you have the app installed on your smartphone too. So, download the Spotify app on your Android or iOS device.
- Make sure that your TV and your mobile device are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Now, launch the Spotify app on your Android TV.
- On your mobile device, open the Spotify app and then tap on the speaker icon that you see at the bottom left of the screen.
- When you tap on the icon, your mobile device will now begin to look for other devices that have Spotify open and are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Your TV should now appear in this list.
- Tap on it and now, you will be signed on to the Spotify TV app on your Android TV.
- Now that you have connected your Spotify account to your TV, simply select any song on the mobile device using Spotify and play it.
- The Spotify media player will now open up on your TV and you will be able to get the audio output from your TV right away.
- You can easily control the media volume, fast forward, rewind, skip to previous or next tracks and also play and pause your songs.
- As long as your mobile phone and Android TV are connected to the same WiFi network, you can easily control Spotify playback on your Android TV.
How to Control Spotify TV Playback from Your Computer
Just like how you have seen the steps to control Spotify TV playback using your mobile phone, it can be easily done by using your laptop or PC. Here are the steps.
- On your Windows PC, launch the Microsoft Store and search for the Spotify app.
- Once you find the app from the search results, select it and download the app to your Pc.
- Launch the Spotify app and sign in with your Spotify account.
- Now, power up your Android TV and launch the Play Store to download the Spotify app.
- Make sure that your PC and Android TV are connected to the same wifi network.
- Simply launch the Spotify app on your Android TV and leave it that way.
- Moving to your Windows PC, click on the speaker icon at the bottom right corner of the app.
- Here, you should be seeing your TV show up in the Spotify Connect list.
- Once the TV has been found, click on it. Spotify will now be signed into your account on your Android TV.
- Simply select a song and enjoy the audio output on your Android TV right away. You can change the song, play or pause, adjust the volume, and even skip or rewind songs by simply using your computer with ease
This concludes the guide on how you can easily control your Android TV Spotify playback by simply using your mobile device or your PC provided that they are both connected to the same WiFi network. If you have friends at your place, they can even control the Spotify playback on your Android TV provided their devices are connected to the same WiFi network. This method can also be used to control your PC Spotify playback by just using your mobile phone. Again, both devices need to be connected to the same WiFi network to control the media playback.
If you still want to know anything on this topic, then leave a comment in the comment box. Also share this article with your friends.
- How to Fix Spotify App Keeps Crashing on Android & iPhone (Easily)
- How to Download Spotify Songs to your Apple Watch
- How to Create and Join Room in Spotify Greenroom [Guide]
- How to Mute Ads on Spotify (Android and Windows 10)
- How to set Spotify as default Music app on iOS 14.5
- How To Use Google Nest Mini As A Bluetooth Speaker
- Alexa Music Commands Everyone Should use to Control Music Playback