Twitch is a great streaming platform that is used by gamers, musicians, or even to host various kinds of live events. You can watch and stream to Twitch using your PC, mobile, or even your gaming consoles. A lot of people have taken to twitch to start their streaming career. Whether they do it because they enjoy it or for any other reason. Now, when you build a large audience on such platforms, you will usually keep the live chat active so that you can interact with your viewers in real-time while you are streaming. But, sometimes, things can go out of hand when viewers are interacting in the live chat section. So, It is best if you could be able to read the chat log. Today, we will be talking about how to read chat logs on Twitch.
It could be that someone might have started a fight or started abusing or probably even saying anything they want which eventually leads to spamming. And as a streamer or moderator, you need to always be alert about what is happening on your live chat streams. Also, it is important to note that apart from monitoring your chats, it could be possible that someone was talking about a particular movie, song, or game, and you don’t remember it offhand. In this case, being able to read through the chat logs comes in quite handy. So, if you wish to know how to read through chat logs on Twitch, this guide is for you.
Read Twitch Chat Logs
Twitch Chat Logs – What Are They
Twitch chat logs are nothing but chat history with timestamps for a particular stream or video. It can be used as a reference to check what was happening or going on in the chats during a particular stream. As a streamer or moderator for a Twitch channel., you will be able to read Twitch chat logs for videos of the particular channel you own or manage. You will also need to note that the chat logs for your videos to streams will last only for a couple of weeks as Twitch doesn’t store them permanently.
Read Chat Logs as Streamer or Moderator
Now, if you are someone that owns or moderates a Twitch channel, there are three simple and easy methods you can follow with the help of built-in functions that allow you to do so. Read on to know-how.
- This is the simplest and easiest method that can be used by streamers and moderators alike to read through chat logs.
- Visit your Channel and open the Chatbox.
- Now, simply type in /user (username) and hit the enter key on your keyboard.
- Twitch will now display all the chats by the particular user.
- You not only get what text they sent but also the timestamp of when they sent it during a particular video.
- The command will also display the age of the account and ban history if available plus for how long they have been following you.
- As a moderator, you will be able to reach chat logs from a video stream, especially for one that is going on live.
- If you are a moderator of a Twitch Channel. Click on the Sword icon.
- This icon is available in the bottom right corner of the Twitch screen.
- Now, you will be able to see the live stream as well as all the viewers who are watching the stream currently.
- To see who has sent what text, simply click on the user’s name.
- You will get to see all the messages that they have ever sent via live chats on your channel.
The third method you can use as an owner or moderator of a Twitch channel is making use of a third-party chatbot called Chatty. It is free-to-use software that can help you with managing all the chats taking place on the channel’s live stream.
- Head here to download Chatty for free on your Windows PC.
- Now, install the software and launch it when the installation has been completed.
- Next, you simply need to log in with your Twitch account details.
- You can now simply be able to look at various details such as the live chat taking place, moderate the chat and also see details of chats sent by any particular viewer of your channel.
Read Twitch Chat Logs As A Viewer
Now, if you are a viewer of a Twitch stream or channel, there aren’t that many easy ways for you to get access to the Twitch Chat logs. However, there are a few websites that keep popping up and also get removed as Twitch sends out a legal notice. As of now, there is one particular website that you can use to read Twitch Chat Logs.
- First, head over to the Justlog website.
- You do not need to sign in or create any sort of account.
- You will see two boxes named channel and username.
- In the channels section, enter the name of the channel.
- And, in the username section, simply type in the name of the user whose chat logs you want to read.
- Now, click on the blue Load button.
- You will now be able to see what user sent what message to a particular Twitch channel.
And this is how you can check out Twitch Chat logs easily depending on whether you own or moderate a Twitch channel or simply area viewer. Now, you need to keep in mind that the website might suddenly go down and no longer work. This has happened a number of times to websites that let you read Twitch chat logs. So, you should be surprised to see this website no longer working at any point of time in the near future.