Twitch is popular streaming and broadcasting platform that is being used not only by gamers but is also being used as a platform to live stream, talk shows, podcasts, and highlights of various events. It is even being used by artists to have Q&As, reveals, and even music sessions, all because it’s simple and easy to set up streaming process.
Now, twitch has something called Clips. They are similar to Twitch Highlights but are quite different on their own. Highlights are basically important moments in stream, however, the only clips that you can download are your own clips and there is no official way to save clips created by others. Here is a guide that will help you to learn how to download Twitch Clips on your PC or mobile.
Methods to download Clips from Twitch on Mobile and PC
Here are a few ways that you can choose to download Twitch Clips on your PC and Mobile. Of course, you could just use software like Twitch Leecher, but it only download videos not clips.
1. Downloading Clips via unTwitch
First on the list is an online video downloader service made just to download various videos from Twitch. Since this is a website, you can easily use it to download videos, clips, and highlights on the go from your mobile as well.
- Head over to unTwitch.com
- Copy the link to the Twitch Clip that you wish to download. You can simply click the Share button to copy the link to the Clip.
- Paste it in the search bar and click the Submit button.
- You will soon get the name and thumbnail of the clip and various format options which you can click to download the clip.
- You can also download the clip as an audio file.
If you are using unTwitch on your mobile device simply rap on the video quality buttons or long-tap it and select Save Link As.
2. Using Browser Extensions
Browser extensions are a great way to enhance your browsing experience. The Twitch Clip downloader is one such browser extension that places a special download button right in Twitch. The browser extension is available for Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox.
- Simply add the Twitch extension to your respective browser
- ON Twitch, simply look for the clip you want to download and play it.
- You will see a purple button that says Download or Download Clip.
- The extension will ask you a prompt if you want to download the clip.
- Click on Yes and your Twitch Clip will begin downloading.
3. Download Clips using Developer Tools
This method is an easy way to download clips from Twitch. It requires no extensions, no programs, no codes, and no downloader service. Here is how you do it.
- In your web browser, simply open the clip that you wish to download.
- Now simply press the F12 key and click on the Network tab.
- Play the clip you wish to download and then pause it.
- Now click on the Type tab and click it again to view content that has been arranged according to file type.
- Scroll a bit till you find the mp4 extension and select it.
- Right-click it and select open URL in the new tab.
- A new tab will open and a prompt box will ask if you wish to download the clip. Click yes and watch your Twitch Clip download right away.
4. Using a media downloader program
Allavsoft is an all-in-one media downloader that can be used to download video and audio files from a huge number of platforms. This is a paid program that will cost you $19.99 The program also has a free trial for your to try the software.
- Download the trial or purchase the software from here.
- Install and run the software to your PC or Mac.
- Copy the link to the clip you wish to download.
- The program automatically detects the link that you have copied, if it does not you can always manually enter it.
- You can select the quality of the video from best, normal or worst quality.
- And to download the video, simply click on the big blue download button.
Do note that Allavsoft is not always able to download the video, especially if you are using the free trial. It keeps nagging you to get the premium version and enter the license details into it.
5. Downloading Clips via Clipr.xyz
Here is an alternative to the online video downloader service unTwitch. It’s always best to have an alternative especially if it’s an online service because there are always fears of the service being taken down. Clipr.xyz and unTwitch function the same way except that with Clipr.xyz you won’t have options to choose the format of your choice which can be a bit disappointing, but is quite fine as long as you can download Twitch clips to your PC and Mobile.
6. Using TDL- Video & Clip Downloader for Twitch on Mobile
Here’s a Play Store app that you can use to download Twitch Clips to your mobile. A very small and simple app. Simply copy the link of the clip you want to download in the app’s search bar and click download. You will then get options such as choosing audio format, time stamps and even the option to change your download path. The app weighs around 20 MB, contains ads and in-app purchases. The app is currently in its early access stage so there could be a few bugs that might occur. Also, TDL is a free to download app.
These are some of the ways you can use to download Twitch Clips on your PC and Mobile. We hope this guide helps you know about the various methods that can be used. If you have any queries, you can always drop a comment below and we’ll be happy to resolve them.
You May Also Like – How to fix Twitch Mod Tabs Not Loading
So that’s all on how to download clips from twitch om Mobile and PC. If you like the above-listed methods then share it with your friends.