If you are someone that has recently cut the cord, then you will be knowing a lot about the various streaming services that you can subscribe to. Sure, they are cheaper than your traditional cable network connection because you get to choose what services you wish to pay for and what you don’t. Now, for someone just starting into streaming services. Hulu might seem like a good starting point. Because, for $6.99 a month on the base plan, you get to watch all of your favorite TV shows and movies. However, the catch here is that you will be getting ads on your plan. Now, this can be fine for a number of people. But, for some, it can be annoying. Let’s take a look at how to skip ads on Hulu.
Now, a lot of streaming services have the option to opt-in or opt-out of ads, but this means that you will have to subscribe to the premium version of the plan to go away from the ads Again, some people might be fine with it, while some might simply not be fine with it. However, there are a few ways that you can follow to get rid of or skip ads on Hulu.
How to Skip Ads on Hulu
Upgrade to the No Ads Plan
The first and most sensible option that would come to anyone’s mind is to get yourself the no ads plan. Sure it might seem a bit weird, but, the price for the plan without any ads is justifiable. However, the process to upgrade or changing your current plan is simple and easy. Here are the steps.
- First, you will have to head over to the accounts page of Hulu on your web browser.
- Once you have signed in with your credentials, head over to the Your Subscription area,
- Click on the Manage Plan option.
- The active plan on your account will be displayed over here.
- Also, you will see a number of the other plans out there, Simply click on the toggle to the plan that you wish to subscribe to.
- You can also select any other add-ons to the plan if you wish. Or else simply proceed and click on the Review Changes button.
- Now that you have confirmed the changes, you will be asked to pay the difference between the current plan and the new plan.
- While you will be paying up the amount, you will also be shown when your next month’s bill will be due as well as the amount.
Do note that to be away from the ads, you will have to choose the plans that say No Ads. Yes, these No Ads ones are relatively more than the ones with ads, but if you do not want ads, that is the price you will be paying for.
Use the Hulu Ad Blocker Extention
If you are someone that streams Hulu on your PC or laptop and makes use of the web browser instead of the Hulu app, then there is a way that you can use to get rid of or for that matter skip the ads, here is how you can skip these ads.
- You will have to launch either Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. If you do not use these browsers, simply download them.
- Now, in the search bar of the web browser, simply search for the Chrome Web Store.
- Once the web store opens up, all you need to do is head over to the Search Extensions bar.
- Now, simply search for Hulu Ad Skipper.
- With the extension visible in the results, select it and install the extension to your Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge web browser.
- Once the extension has been added, all you need to do is launch Hulu and stream your movie or show.
- The ads will be either skipped, blocked, or for that matter even fast-forwarded.
- Alternatively, you can also make use of an adblocker to block the ads while streaming content from Hulu.
Use Web Browser Like Brave
Brave is a very popular web browser that you can use on your PC or mobile devices. The reason why people prefer brave over other web browsers is simply because of the fact that you can make use of the ad-block settings that are built right into the web browser. You will have to adjust a few of the settings to get Hulu streaming without having to watch through the ads. Download Brave from here.
Enable Web Filtering
Another way that you can follow to get rid of Ads only on Hulu is by adjusting the web filters on your router. So, what this does is blocks all types of ads right away on the router itself without you having to add an adblocker, use an extension or for that matter use a particular web browser to rid yourself of ads. Here are the steps
- First off, on your PC, enter the IP address of your router.
- This address will be present on the back of your router.
- Once you have entered the IP address, you will be asked to enter the username or password to access the router’s settings page.
- Again, the username and the password will be present on the back of the router or maybe even in the manual that came along with it.
- Now, go through the menus and search for the Web Filtering settings.
- Once you find it, simply add the following domain to the list
- Now, save your settings and launch Hulu on any device that is connected to the router.
- You will be able to stream the services without having any ads interfering with your stream.
And these are the multiple ways you can follow if you intend on getting rid of Hulu ads while watching your content. Sure, not every method will be the best for everyone, hence we have listed various options. Anyways, we hope this guide has helped you get rid of Hulu ads. If this guide has helped you, feel free to let us know about your experience and which method worked the best for you down in the comments below.